Marketiva
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Marketiva

Default Marketiva

www.marketiva.com

What do you think about this broker?

I am using it without problems so far, please wait for other reviews, as you can't build reputation on just single experience. but so far, experience is good.

Quote Originally Posted by topchess View Post
    I am using it without problems so far, please wait for other reviews, as you can't build reputation on just single experience. but so far, experience is good.
    Topchess,

Are they a no-interest dealer by any chance?

To answer your question;
    Yes, they are a no-interest dealer. You hold your position for as long as you wish, you do not pay interest - and you do not earn interest. This is ideal for GBJPY interest payment hedge.

Thanks Topchess,

I've been doing some research on this hedging with 2 different brokers. The risk is that of bankruptcy of the no interest dealer. Apparently the interest is some form of protection to the broker. I've also read that there are some brokers out there who can revoke this feature if it is abused. What constitutes an abuse, i wonder?

TopChess, do you have experience with Marketvia as far as this hedging aspect is concerned? How long have they been around? How easy is it to deposit and withdraw money?

Once again, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pipbull View Post
    Thanks Topchess,

I've been doing some research on this hedging with 2 different brokers. The risk is that of bankruptcy of the no interest dealer. Apparently the interest is some form of protection to the broker. I've also read that there are some brokers out there who can revoke this feature if it is abused. What constitutes an abuse, i wonder?

TopChess, do you have experience with Marketvia as far as this hedging aspect is concerned? How long have they been around? How easy is it to deposit and withdraw money?

Once again, thanks
    Hello again,
    I do not know how would you abuse their feature?

I am already hedging to get interest from my carry trade, and I do not face any problems. and I do not see that one broker should disallow me from trading for such reason.

Marketiva, I do not know when they established, but I am with them for a year, almost.

I use Wire transfers for my transactions. Wire transfers are secure, and they credit the account the moment funds are received.

But If you can maintain e-Gold transactions, that's a lot easier and almost instant.

Hedging works for me so far, so I do not think even of trading markets unless there is a seriously attractive opportunity.

Hope this helped you a bit.

Topchess,

Thanks for all the info. It does help. If you don't mind i have a few more questions. I don't want to bog down this thread with my own personal research, so if i could PM you, would that be OK?

I'm also very happy with Marketiva.

can someone explain this to me?

Blaz on FOREX

Quote Originally Posted by topchess View Post
    Hello again,
    I do not know how would you abuse their feature?

I am already hedging to get interest from my carry trade, and I do not face any problems. and I do not see that one broker should disallow me from trading for such reason.

Marketiva, I do not know when they established, but I am with them for a year, almost.

Hope this helped you a bit.
    Is this real? I know that from the first moment you open an account with Marketiva, you will get a warning from them not to hedge interest rates or they will boot you out. They don't have to prove it; merely "suspect" you hedge and they will shut you out. How did you manage to get away with a year of hedging the GBP/JPY? What's your trade size?

Forum Sponsors