Is it right to choose the broker based on broker reviews?

I have been reading broker reviews on different websites. I came across one review that was written by guy that claimed to have traded 2 years with a certain brokers. Comment was posted in [U][B]March 2010[/B][/U]. That particular broker was only founded in [U][B]2009[/B][/U].

That is less than two years.

Now, I am left to think that that some, if not all, of these reviews are just false.

I don’t think, it is good idea to choose broker on the basis of reviews because most of the reviews are promotion and fake.

It can be helpful to read reviews on sites like this to get a better idea. After awhile, you can get a feel for fake reviews and rel ones. You also have to realize that some people blame their own mistakes on the broker. If a broker has only been around for 2 years, you probably shouldn’t be trading with them anyway, regardless of the reviews. Good luck!

depends on how much money you’re going to have in the account, and if this is going to be full-time or part-time. if you’re only funding $1k or less, then you can be more relaxed about broker choice. if you’re going to fund it with $50k to go full-time, you best be quite picky and go beyond just “reviews”.

Its is good to read broker reviews as they help to give you an understanding of the brokers base on the experience of other individuals that already experienced trading with that broker

A happy customer tells one friend, an unhappy customer tells everybody, so you’re more likely to hear\read bad stuff than good about each specific broker, which is good for us.
You just need to have critical reasoning in order to filter the genuine ones from the fakes. So go for the well known, established brokers.