Reliable Broker

Hi everybody, I have been trading with Markets.com for a while. I would like to add to my account so that I have $5000.00 as base capital. Is there anybody who had any problems with markets.com. One hears so often of dishonest brokers and stolen funds. Thanks in advance

don’t know about reliability, but they sure realized the most repelling and annoying marketing campaign of the field ever.
because of that it would be very hard to trust them.

Do a google search with their website and add Reviews. One review or opinion is no big deal, but if a lot of people tell you you’re looking at a duck, then that’s probably what you’re looking at. They’re a market maker and from Cyprus, they’ve been around since 2008, so you search by website with reviews it will give you something to look at.

You said you’ve been trading for awhile now; does that mean you’ve been trading live with a smaller account, or you’ve been trading with a demo? If you’ve been live with them but with a smaller deposit, then do the search. If you haven’t been trading with a demo, if it were me, they offer a mini account for 100 and a standard acct for 2500, before the 5k, I would open a mini and give them a test. If you already did that, again if it were me, I would open the standard 1st for 2500 and see how that worked out.

Truthfully, if you have only been a demo with them, there are a lot better brokers than them. Take your time and research check and do it again. My rule of thumb is none of them are any good and all cheat. From there I look to be wrong. Below is a tool I use to check a broker. don’t take the lazy person’s route and only use their review. You can search other brokers and you can also compare brokers side by sie.
Forex Brokers Comparison
Good Luck
Gp

Thanks a lot, I been trading with a $2500.00 live account and feel I need a larger account for my risk management. I don’t want to play more than 1% at a time. Does that make sense? Y know that looking at reviews one get mostly the negative ones. I thought its good to find out if any forum members had a personal experience with them. Being new to trading I don’t understand when they say: You can lose more than you actually have in your account. Anybody to enlighten me?
All the best
touristo

Markets.com seems a good broker, I have never heard any bad feedback about them. But you should test their DEMO and read their TOS carefully.

The risk has to be based on your personality, experience, available money etc. not anyone else s. There is nothing wrong with 1% or for that matter pretty much any percentage, that protects your capital and grows it as well.

Oanada has been around since 1996, so somebody likes them. There are a couple of traders on this site that like them, I don’t remember the link but one of the traders who has been around for a while uses them.

Hopefully they’ll post and tell you why. For me I would never use them cause they are a market maker. I can’t find any logical reason for using any market maker. They get the information before their traders, they can see where trader sentiment is and the trader can’t. They not only make money no matter what you trade, they also make money when you lose, since they take the other side of your trade. But again that’s my opinion.

Here’s a utube video I came across that’s worth looking at. I’m not vouching for anything he may be selling, just the video YouTube

Choosing a correct broker is very important, but before choosing you must check their credibility. You can check about the broker reviews on babypips, FPA or tradecomplaint.com and then you can proceed to choose the broker and try to choose a correct one.

Lots of good broker out there and it’s basically depend on your experience with them.
However, when it comes to spread there are some that offered better than others.

Personally I recommend these (in no particular order):

Octafx - 6 months no problem.
Exness - 2 years with them, smooth sailing.
Alpari Ru - 1 year (2 years with Alpari UK).
Instaforex - more than 3 years, no problem at all.

Don’t just blindly believe everything said on reviews site. Some of them are honest, some of them are clueless, some of them don’t know what they’re into, some of them not objective. People are different that’s why we have pros and cons.