Help with finding good broker. Tried three already

I’ve been using demo accounts.

I’ve tried Alpari US but in september FXCM is going to take over their clients,
so I switched to using FXCM. But using the app with the update it doesn’t even work
unless you have wifi. That’s a big disadvantage. Apparently I googled it and it’s been a problem for awhile now.
I tried Oanda as well.

I am in the US and I would like to start with a minimum of $500.
Easy deposits and withdrawals. I’ve read some reviews of people who have major trouble
with withdrawals from fxcm. So I got worried about that. I’ve only used the demo with
fxcm, alpari, and oanda.

With fxcm I do like, just worried about the horrible customer service they seem to have.
Since using the demo account I started with 3k and now Im up to 7k. So all is well, unless I was in a
real account and they gave me withdrawal problems. That would be a problem. Any comments?

Anyone have any suggestions? I will demo with the suggestions and then see how they work.
I use mt4.

Thank you in advance.

Try SmartTradeFX. I’m with them for almost a year, no complaints so far. Did two withdrawals, encountered no problem. (I’m in the US though, don’t know how that works in other countries.) They welcome US traders.

Perfect. I’m in the US as well. I will try a demo account with them.

Appreciate the response.

I assume you’re referring to our Trading Station Mobile app. I can connect without issue as do most users of the app. You’ll find examples even on this forum. My first guess would be that it has something to do with your mobile internet connection (either the speed or quality), and that’s something our 24-hour live customer support team would be happy to troubleshoot for you.

Traders around that world entrust FXCM with $1.245 billion in client funds. They are confident having their money with us, because we’re regulated in major financial centers around the world and transparent with our financials. Furthermore, we’re one of the only retail forex brokers that’s a publicly-traded company (NYSE ticker: FXCM).

The fact is that FXCM clients can submit withdrawal requests 24 hours a day from our MyFXCM.com portal and the overwhelming majority are processed automatically without any additional documentation needed.

I’m familiar with the online reviews you mention where traders mention having difficulty making withdrawals. As FXCM’s ambassador to online communities like this forum, it’s part of my job to follow up with these clients to address their concerns and help them successfully complete their withdrawals.

In my experience, most of these reviewers are simply upset because they’ve been asked to submit additional documentation to complete their transaction. What they may not realize is that these requirements are due to anti-money laundering regulations set by the government, not FXCM.

Our goal is to make the transfer process as smooth as possible for our clients, but we must abide by these regulations. They ultimately exist for the safety of all our clients. Would you rather keep your money with a firm that abides by government regulations or one that ignores them?

Excellent customer service is something FXCM takes great pride in, so if you’ve received anything less from us, I want to address this for you. If it’s not too much trouble, I would appreciate if you could give me some more detailed feedback on this.

The comment about the app is actually accurate. I’ve called and a representative said that with the new update for the app fxcm you need wifi connection. So I’m not sure who’s correct?

Also, for further reference, what documentation would I need to present in order to withdrawal my own money from my account?

I to am looking to open account with you guys but am not sure you have a lot restrictions
Also I spoke to one of your clients and they made it seem being a Canadian and trading with a offshore broker my money is not safe and all this stuff idk if that just to make me feel safer with your company or what also , I am unable to open a account with nothing less than 2k witch is Abit
Of inconvenience ,

I’m connected to one of my live accounts via the Trading Station Mobile app right now using a 4G LTE connection, not WiFi.

Are you using AT&T by any chance? I’ve just been informed of an error with AT&T that is preventing their customers in some states from connecting to our servers through their mobile network. These issues are on AT&T’s end and their techs are currently working on a solution.

The majority of withdrawals are processed automatically without any additional documentation required. Simply log into MyFXCM.com with your live account details and submit your request anytime 24 hours a day. Should any additional information be required, you will be informed by email after your request is received.

Hi Libertysilver,

FXCM strives to make the account opening and funds transfer process as convenient as possible for our clients within the guidelines set by our regulators. Traders who value the protection afforded to them by government oversight appreciate that FXCM follows these guidelines.

I’m happy to answer your questions, but to make sure I give you the best answers, I would appreciate some more clarification. Do you live in Canada or another country? If you live outside Canada, please specify your country of residence. Also, what amount of money were you looking to invest in the forex market?

Thanks,
Jason

I am actually using AT&T. Hopefully they fix the problem soon. Thank you for the information.

I would steer away from fxcm to be honest. I was not pleased with the service or the trading conditions in general. I am with xm.com now and I am an elite client and so far so good. I been with them for almost a year now. I was up last month about 6%, I am a novice, and I trade conservatively.

You and us both. Our techs are following up with them about this issue as we speak.

[QUOTE=“Jason Rogers;651433”] Hi Libertysilver, FXCM strives to make the account opening and funds transfer process as convenient as possible for our clients within the guidelines set by our regulators. Traders who value the protection afforded to them by government oversight appreciate that FXCM follows these guidelines. I’m happy to answer your questions, but to make sure I give you the best answers, I would appreciate some more clarification. Do you live in Canada or another country? If you live outside Canada, please specify your country of residence. Also, what amount of money were you looking to invest in the forex market? Thanks, Jason[/QUOTE]

He Jason sorry for the late reply but I was looking to deposite around $500 to start of and some one over the phone said I was unable to open a account with that amount , they basically said I had to deposits 2k only , I just wanted to know am I able to open a account with an amount less than 2k

Hi Libertysilver,

Due to the higher margin requirements for trading forex set by regulators in Canada, the minimum to open a trading account for Canadian residents is $2000. If you live outside Canada, please let me know your country of residence. Then I can tell you the margin requirements and account minimums that would apply to you.

Thanks,
Jason

Here are some good forex broker good for American traders fxcm and Oanda. I read a lot of positive comments from traders who have used these two brokers.

Thanks! I’m also looking for good and reputable broker.

[QUOTE=“Jason Rogers;653845”] Hi Libertysilver, Due to the higher margin requirements for trading forex set by regulators in Canada, the minimum to open a trading account for Canadian residents is $2000. If you live outside Canada, please let me know your country of residence. Then I can tell you the margin requirements and account minimums that would apply to you. Thanks, Jason[/

I’m from Canada , and why is that other Canadian brokers like quest trade Oanada , have different rules , Oanada min deposit is $100 they are Canadian company ,

Also I have contacted the OSC Ontario securities commission , they have told me there are no Set rules on deposits ,

I was recommended to you guys buy a few friends and family members , & they told me they deposited less money around $500-1k there first time 2k is a little out of my budget Atm , I do want to open a account with you guys if there is anything than can be done give me a PM or something if you can ,

Hey guys,

At OANDA, we do not have any minimum requirement to get started. I would recommend simply calling in to the broker that you are interested in working with, as there is usually a lot of false information floating around out there regarding minimums,deposits, withdrawals, platforms, features etc. Just make sure you have the right questions on hand.

I am more than happy to clarify any questions that you might have regarding our services. Shoot me a PM, or reply here.

Cheers!

[QUOTE=“Greg from OANDA;655005”]Hey guys, At OANDA, we do not have any minimum requirement to get started. I would recommend simply calling in to the broker that you are interested in working with, as there is usually a lot of false information floating around out there regarding minimums,deposits, withdrawals, platforms, features etc. Just make sure you have the right questions on hand. I am more than happy to clarify any questions that you might have regarding our services. Shoot me a PM, or reply here. Cheers! [/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot Greg will look into Oanada ,
Are you guys a Canadian company ?

Hey Liberty,

We have offices around the world, but were founded in Toronto, ON in the mid 90’s. Fully regulated in six regions around the globe, I always advise traders to check out who they are doing business with through the proper regulatory bodies. In Canada we are regulated under IIROC, and the NFA/CFTC in the US.

I am giving a demonstration of our platforms and tools tomorrow, I can send you an invite if you are interested?

[QUOTE=“Greg from OANDA;655212”]Hey Liberty, We have offices around the world, but were founded in Toronto, ON in the mid 90’s. Fully regulated in six regions around the globe, I always advise traders to check out who they are doing business with through the proper regulatory bodies. In Canada we are regulated under IIROC, and the NFA/CFTC in the US. I am giving a demonstration of our platforms and tools tomorrow, I can send you an invite if you are interested? [/QUOTE]

Yes please and maybe I will stop buy your office toronto is like 30 minutes from my house I’m pretty sure iv seen your adds and banners downtown aha ,