Which broker do you recommend in Canada?

Hi guys !

i’m looking for a Regulated ,No Dealing Desks broker in Canada .
all i have found are market makers which i avoid to dealing with them .
i would be gratful if anyone help me with that.

[QUOTE=“mph;661875”]Hi guys ! i’m looking for a Regulated ,No Dealing Desks broker in Canada . all i have found are market makers which i avoid to dealing with them . i would be gratful if anyone help me with that.[/QUOTE]
Fxcm, oanda, quest trade, all Canadian company’s expect for fxcm witch’s with irock or something wicth is a Canadian investment company or somthing Lol,

thank you liberty silver but oanda is a market maker and quest trade i dont know much about it .

Hi there, I’ve been contacted by different brokers, they offer about the same thing and all can be negociated. As far as i know, and from what i’ve been told Asian Brokers are the best in terms of regulations. I’m still looking for one myself. so any reco is welcome

hi, which asian broker are you reffering to and why do you think they are the best ?

Hi mph,

As Libertysilver mentioned, you can trade on FXCM’s No Dealing Desk (NDD) forex execution in Canada through Friedberg Direct (www.fxcm.ca) which is regulated by the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) and a member of the Canadian Investor Protection Fund (CIPF) meaning your funds are insured for up to $1 million.

hi, is there any difference between fxcm and freidberg direct regarding to the quotes and spreads that they offer ?

Clients of Friedberg Direct have access to the same No Dealing Desk (NDD) forex execution that’s available to traders on the FXCM platform worldwide. However, it’s worth noting that FXCM has recently introduced a new pricing model. While our NDD execution remains unchanged, it does replace the pip markups that were previously included in the spread with new low commissions.

Our new pricing has already been rolled out in the US, and our clients in the UK and Australia will be upgraded to it this weekend. The transition is being done region by region 1) to ensure we follow regulatory requirements for due notice to traders which vary by regulator and 2) to ensure an orderly transition within our own system so as not to negatively impact our traders.

While I don’t have details on this for traders in Canada at this time, as I receive more information, I will post updates in this thread: 301 Moved Permanently

Hey MPH,

I am Canadian and I have been using FXCM for almost a year now and am very happy with the platform as well as that they have a rep here on BP (aka Jason) to help answer our questions. By all means do your due diligence as I did, but I settled with these guys because of how they are regulated and the platform is very powerful and easy to use. Good luck!

Jason, I do hope the new commission pricing model will be available to Canadians too. Put in a good word for your cousins up north eh? Cheers! :wink:

You need an STP forex broker that offers No Dealing Desk Execution and Tight Spreads. A forex broker that makes trading easy for you. Fast Execution and an Almost Instant Withdrawals.

Oanda is good but I didn’t know that it is into market making. Quest Trade customer service is poor, but if you can trade on their platform with support then you should be fine. FXCM and FXpro have various restrictions on deposits and withdrawals. I have been trading with FinPro for almost 2 years now, it’s an ECN broker registered with the Company’s House UK. Spreads are really tight and order execution is fast. Plus the trading platform is also very good. I would suggest that you should inquire about them and maybe get a demo account initially.

Oanda is one of the reliable market maker.
My recommmendation is Dukascopy or FXprimus if you require more leverage.