Commission vs No Commission

The choice seems obvious at first do I want to pay commissions? No. But commission brokers seem to have tighter spreads. Is that necessarily true? If scalping, I could see why that’s a big deal. But does it matter for swing trading?

How To Pay Your Forex Broker

Usually, a broker with a tight spread and a small commission beats out a non-commission broker in terms of the overall cost to trade. Of course, you gotta do the math to make sure that’s the case when you are comparing two brokers, and again, the spread shouldn’t be the main consideration when choosing a broker. The bigger the broker and more regulated means your funds are safer and if you have problems with the broker, there is a government entity to go to resolve any disputes. No broker is 100% safe of course, but it’s worth it to take your time to make the right choice because you don’t want to entrust your hard earned money to just anybody, right?

I agree with the last post. Brokers that charge commission are cheaper. I have always used Profiforex broker for close to 3 months now and I they deduct 0.3pips on every deal I make with variable spreads. But when I use fixed spread nothing is deducted from my account. When I feel like scalping, I prefer the variable spreads, while on a long trade I prefer fixed spread. It is very cheap to trade using an STP broker.