Rate this broker

please what is the rating for North finance as a broker

Cypress located. I dont think that they are regulated.

Maybe yes maybe no. You have to check it.

Do regulation so important??
Which do you think most important between “unregulated broker but very fair and honest broker” and “regulated but always scamming their clints”.
Which one better?

Yes - [I]very, very, very[/I] important; absolutely essential and basic.

There are [U][I]reasons[/I][/U] that brokerages choose to be regulated only in Cyprus, and they’re not reasons that are good for clients (as can be seen from some of the litigation pending against some of them).

Realistically, it’s a bad and inappropriate question, not based on statistical probabilities.

A better question is: “Which do you think is more likely to be fair and honest: a well regulated or a badly regulated broker?”.

The point you’re missing is that collectively there are [U]reasons[/U] for brokers trading with poor regulation. It’s one of the biggest [B]red[/B] flags there can ever be.

[I]It’s about whether you want the odds to be on your side, or stacked against you[/I]. :20:

Just like trading, really. :wink:

Lexys, this is an incredibly important and succinct explanation given in your usual brilliantly crisp and positively pithy manner - thankyou :slight_smile:

It amazes me that there can be brokers that still get away with such bad practice - but it also really depresses me that it casts a shadow and suspicion over all brokers regardless of their regulation and professionalism.

When reading all the postings on this site about shifty brokers and questions about whether XYZ broker is reliable and how brokers are always trading against us and spend their days hunting stops, etc, it creates a terrible impression that one cannot trust any broker.

But surely, in the final analysis, it is not in the (serious) broker’s interests to bankrupt its clients or limit their profits. The more their clients profit then the more the broker earns in spread/commissions, and the more trading volume it produces the better pricing it gets from its market-maker institutions. I believe there ARE very professional brokers around that one CAN trust.

Like most other traders. I have had moments when I have felt that I am being “conned” by my broker - e.g. having a trade open that sits right on my entry level minus a few pips for ages until I get fed up and close it and of course immediately afterwards it zooms off and hits my target in the next few minutes :slight_smile: But I also have a demo account and I often check the pricing by keeping my broker live feed prices next to my demo account pricing and I can say that I have NEVER seen any deviation more than a few pipettes between them whether I had an open trade or not.

I think it is very important that a trader trusts the price feeds he is receiving and that is why your comments, Lexys, are very important. A regulated broker with a long-term track record and reputation is well worth seeking out.

Sorry dear but you must be joking when you consider it acceptable for unregulated broker. If any broker even after been regulated scams clients then it does not mean it finishes the importance of regulation. No matter how honest and fair broker is regulated is first thing to see and rest we need to go with reputation and such.

For example, what about that case with totally regulated and mostly reliable Alpari UK who went bankruptcy and whose clients lost and suffered, because the broker even felt back on breaking the rules they initially had provided in order to stay afloat?! If you like such regulation … well I won’t advise you anything except regulation, suppose you even do not have a faintest idea of how brokers get their great lists of regulatory bodies) But wait… I do not want to say that the regulation is bad, exactly not!! I just want to get out a message not to completely and entirely believe to some kind of a spreading trash against such “big and reliable brokers”. But sure, real regulation is really good and great and awesome!

certainly better to choose a regulated broker without a lot of complaints about it. You know that not all reviews on the Internet can be trusted, and much is black PR.

But what could be treated as PR, if negative feedback is a black PR and a positive one…hmm white PR? How to catch it… have no idea, the right decision - your own experience;)

i’m totally agree with you

actually worked with this broker, but i’m gone. Actually worked with this broker, but i’m gone.I know how it’s not easy to get ur hand in forex. I prefer Roboforex. 4 newcomers can pick up some pluses - free demo account w/o limits, welcome bonus of 30 bucks, negative balance protection. Trading platforms quite differ - e.g. MetaTrader 5, cTrader, MetaTrader 4. For output u may use WebMoney, Western Union, PayPal, etc., lots of.

To be fair certain things you mention are very obvious and should be in list of must while there are obviously certain good parts like cTrader platform, but my main liking is towards the company been reliable or not.

When choosing a broker regulation is extremity important but you need to verify with the regulator that the Regulation Number is legit - some of them advertise that they are regulated with a certain regulation authority but after they conned you, only then you realizes that their claim of being regulated is proven to be false.

These brokers operate in no man’s land and the only way we victim traders can bring them to justice is by warn other traders about their crimes. I had an incident recently with Investors Europe who are an absolute scam and took me for a ride with over $8,000 - Be careful guys! Investors Europe scammers also claimed to be regulated in Gibraltar and now claiming to be regulated in Mauritius but after checking with the said regulators in retrospect, all their claims have proven to be false and one big misrepresentation. Be cautious who you are trading with!

Agreed with you but what if a regulated broker doesn’t fulfils the commitments, I would suggest that anyone looking for best broker should atleast check either his chosen broker is regulated or not, either they are honest and transparent in their processes, then trader check their reviews and at last start with minimum capital to check withdrawal processes.

If you reside in the US, a fair and honest unregulated broker is far, far better than any of the scam brokers we are left with. In the US, your funds are not protected and you are dealing with ridiculous restrictions no trader anywhere else in the world deals with. They have all been fined numerous times and are allowed to continue. I trade offshore with an ECN and the only reason they remain unregulated is for my benefit…as a US citizen being able to trade restriction free. In addition, I am only required to use 10% of the margin required by a US broker to execute the same exact trade. So I keep 80% of my capital in an FDIC insured bank account and only keep 20% with broker. I still risk the same % of overall capital per trade but my money is far safer in my bank than sitting unprotected with a US broker. If you are not in the US, absolutely use a regulated broker, you have far more options than us here in the nanny state. The US regulations are there for one reason…to eliminate spot forex completely so everyone will go back to futures. They are not here for the traders benefit…do not kid yourself.