Low Deposit Accounts

I would like to know which brokers have a low minimum deposit for a new account. FXCM has a min of $2,000. When I searched the topic on the Babypips forums, I only found very old entries (about 2007). Thanks!

Hi Dglsmason,

Welcome to BabyPips! :slight_smile:

You are correct that FXCM’s new minimum starting balance for accounts is $2000. We raised the starting minimums at the same time we introduced our new raw FX spread pricing.

That said, seeing as we only recently changed the account minimums, I want to see if I can get an exception for you. Please email me at <[email protected]>, if you would like me to look into this for you, and mention this forum discussion in your email.

Thanks,
Jason

Have you tried a demo account first?
The problem with having a very low deposit is that you only need a bit of a losing streak and the drawdown will wipe it out

I remembered FXCM minimum deposit starts from $50, but it’s a long time and I don’t trader with FXCM. But I know some brokers offer lesser deposit for new trader:
hotforex $5 for Asian-based and $150 for EU-based.
exness $25
FxPro 500
Fx4You Cent account

How much do you want?

Hi,
Yes, FXCM increased the bar on minimum deposits, which is a downer for obvious reasons but FXCM wanted to go ahead with that…more luck to them. Most brokerages have started lowering their deposit requirements since last year, some even requiring only ten USD as a starter. Just go online, check out the brokerages, and the deposit requirements…good luck.

I think it depends on your trading-volume to pick a certain amount of deposit. I remember some brokers even requires thousands of dollar to open account and I think forex starter shouldn’t stick with them since they perhap get lost soon.

There are a lot of brokers with start depo from $10 for example (also mine^^). But I recommend you start from $100-200, to feel the market make a couple of mistakes or ride out unexpectable jumps. you can’t do anything with small depo if you’re not professional tarder.

The whole small demo was set up to help newbies learn the market, gain valuable trading experience while limiting their losses. Earlier on, most brokerages used to have entry deposits that used to run from hundreds of USD to thousands and as always, the ones who got burnt the most were the newbies.

The current low entry deposit is designed to help new traders gain some valuable trading experience while minimizing their losses…which is why the recent move by FXCM is puzzling…

While dealing desk brokers might make enough money from the losses of smaller accounts, that’s not our business model. FXCM offers traders No Dealing Desk (NDD) forex execution which means that we make our money off client trading volume, not client losses. Statistics show that traders with a higher balance tend to be more profitable, and that’s good for FXCM, because we want clients who will continue to generate trading volume for us.

You can start trading in the foreign exchange market with less deposit. A micro account is designed for those who do not have very large capital to start trading.

Hi everyone!
Starting with small deposits is very important because you can’t learn to trade with huge amount. I believe the deposit as low as $100 is okay. I feel brokers who are giving this facility in ECN account can benefit the most as they will grab huge number of beginners.

well, Tickmill is ECN Brokers with lowest minimum deposit, i believe it is $25
and they are ECN with raw spreads and 0.4 pip commisions for 1 lot traded.

however, $100 minimum deposit for ECN Brokers seems become an Industry standart .
and with deposit with minimum amount, you have smaller risk,