Anyone using Tickmill (Armada) to trade?

Any feedback on Tickmill? Between Tickmill and IC Markets, I am planning on trading with them, but I know they are based in the Seychelles with a dubious licence. Anyone used them yet and are happy so far?

I opened a demo account with Tickmill. So far so good, so I plan to open my live account this month. I know Seychelles sounds a little bit exotic for many of us that prefers more ā€œcivilizedā€ countries, but it seems more and more brokers are opening there to avoid over regulation from those very same more ā€œcivilizedā€ countries. :54:

dude are you intentionally trying to discredit the broker? The same stuff were posted on T2W under the same username.
Tickmil (Armada) ā€¦ anyone have experience with this broker ?

Well, may be it is the ā€œtwo answers better than oneā€ syndrom? I confess it happens also to me from time to time, when I want to ask about something that I find important.

Seems like you represent this brokerā€¦he just asked for experiences of other tradersā€¦logically he asks on different forumsā€¦

Read the thread there before making any statements. Donā€™t see anything dubious in Seychelles license (as well as of other islands), itā€™s all about taxes, but spreading this biased fact suggests something.

you really think that regulation/rules in Seychelles or other offshore places are as valuable/enforceable as the ones in Europe or US?

ā€˜Armada Marketsā€™ Set to Leave Polish Market under a Cloud of Suspicion | Forex Magnates

ā€œArmada Marketsā€™ Set to Leave Polish Market under a Cloud of Suspicion | Forex Magnatesā€

I do not know about this specific topic, but I know a lot about The Polish Financial Supervision Authority.

It is famous for having failed a few years ago to notice any problem with an unregulated polish investment fund that offered return of more than 10 % a year, explaining there was no risks, as they were investing anything inā€¦ onions! (I know it sounds stupid but please remember here some people in Poland never received any financial education. They actually believed it).
The KNF also failed to see any problem with another fund (Amber Gold), that was offering even higher return. Here again no risk because they were investing in gold. Even after a complaint has been failed, the KNF checked and did not see any problem.

Of course people lost all invested money. Only after this happpened KNF woke up and stated that both companies acted illegaly.

So I am wandering who is suppose to be under a ā€œcloud of suspiscionā€ here ?

I dont have any solid knowledge with any each country regulation, including polish. but it a very usefull information though, while itā€™s also a common issue at same time. many country has similar condition situation apply. consider why thereā€™s many asian trader use europe based brokers? why not put faith with their local regulated one, itā€™s should more safe, even able to visit their branch office.
itā€™s because most of it charge bigger commission per trade at oldtech platform, and no mention to several trading restriction such news and scalping trade.
itā€™s true safety comes first, I believe all traders,investor, even gambler fully aware about it. but the more important is trading environment, lower means higher with FX, this when many traders often seek a better offer of any potential brokers. because the real Risk with trading lays with daily entry activity, not limited only by getting scammed by non reputable brokers. as I pick Tickmill as one of investment diversity account are not based on random act, theyā€™ve been reputable one. as I donā€™t have any issue with their regulation, if thereā€™s bad clients report about this, Iā€™m all ears, as Iā€™m not putting all account with them only.
if thereā€™s anything need to discuss related any regulation ? go check with brokers who got serious problem during CHF event, and now planning to made their client take all responsibilities, I just wonder did the FCA really value retail traders here?
Iā€™m not new with forex, and iā€™ve done my journey with most regulated companies, almost consider as Iā€™m fans of it. try pick one and youā€™ll find many odd issue about them no matter which company you wanna stay with, the rest is up to either we found comfortable with their trading condition, payment process, and any additional thing we found during daily trade activity. when itā€™s found something unacceptable condition, we may leave at once, thatā€™s all, and how my routine for over 6 years my trading activity.

Please feel free to ask any questions. I would more than happy to answer.

Have you retrieved the option of depositing using card? How much time will it take up to process?

Basically this option is available but unfortunately not for all countries. We are working on it to make it available without any limits.

Hi,

I see you introduced 8 new instruments on the trading platform. Could you tell us a little bit more about the liquidity of the crude oil ?

Hello!
Yes, we have launched 7 CFDā€™s and Oil. Information is available on our website.
If you would like to know more information, do not hesitate to ask.

Hi,

Where does the price on WTI Oil is taken from? NYMEX, CBOT, or other source?

I think itā€™s comes from a couple of investment banks, bottom line on their website shown any lp they use. as the price is the weighted average between the 1st and 2nd month future contracts. and they use single symbol for it :), my last trading method are tested with OIL price, but it need extra maintenence to keep attach EA at different chart oil symbol, due brokers keep changing oil symbol as contract end.

Thanks for help, Ontario. Their spreads on Oil seems to be quite attractive, but havenā€™t placed any real trade there yet. Do you know where I can compare them (with other brokers spreads on Oil)?
Cheers

You can always compare using myfxbook.com source -

I see only currencies available on Myfxbook. No WTI symbol, unfortunately.

no website service for oil brokers spread. myfxbook only avaialable for currencies, gold and silver.
perhaps oil price are different, it has contract. and each brokers has it own pair symbol for oil. most brokers keep changing oil pair symbol as the contract end. not even myfxbook would lend a hand for putting comparison for oil price symbol :). if only all brokers using one single symbol, as Tickmill did use WTI for oil pair, perhaps they can manage to put comparison page upon oil price.
but if you insist for spread comparison these spread indicator may help a bit.
sPread.zip (7.65 KB)

1 Like