My experience with Plus500

Good afternoon colleagues,

My name is Mohammed, writing this from the capital of UAE, Abu Dhabi. Please do not expect to see a tragedy story here, because I am doing other real life business rather than forex.

I run a company in the Marketing and Media sector, early December, I have decided to get into the trading business to see whether it works for me or not, and unfortunately the choice was Plus500 as advised by my friend. Off course my friend has been advised by other friend and so on, so no one of them has a real experience with it yet “The power of Marketing and Advertising”.

I registered in the system with my email on December 16th 2014 and deposited 500 AED with their 100 AED Bounce “AED is UAE’s currency, 1$ = 3.67 AED”. I started trading and got a margin call and the position was closed. I personally don’t have any problem in paying money but at least I learned what does “Margin Call” means to avoid it in the future.

I have deposited another 500 AED and got 2,000 AED profit, I decided to withdraw half of my money, suddenly I realized that there is a verification process that has to be done in order to withdraw the money from the system. This process took me a month because card I am using is not a credit card, it is a card called “E-Dirham” a prepaid card offered by our government to be used for online purchases. There was a problem with the address I went to the bank and changed it to the address I am registered with, but no use.

On January I created another email dedicated from “Plus500” then bought a new sim card with a new phone, went to the bank and brought my card statement that has my name and the card number on it, and asked my HR Manager to give me a certificate that has my address on it and signed by the General Manager. However, I have uploaded the documents and they said: "It seems that I am not the card owner and the card owner should fill an “Authorization Form” to authorize me to use his card, On the card there was my name and on the statement there was my name and on the bill , on the Employment Certificate there was my name; “How the hell they came up with the idea that I am not the owner”!!! This is a huge indicator that their customer service emails are automated by a computers not human!! They don’t have a call center even!!

From December 16th 2014 until today March 6th 2015 I am not able to withdraw my money and the account is not yet activated. Two days back, everything got activated, even the card! but there was new verification opened “Authorization Form of the card’s owner has to be uploaded and approved” and I have done that process but it still gets rejected.

The total money I have spent on Plus500 is about 15,000 AED which is about 5,000$ USD. I don’t regret that, because it is just a money, comes and goes and I have learned something new and I enjoyed it. Currently I am trading with a local semi government company in UAE and I can withdraw my money anytime :slight_smile:

Plus500 allows you to deposit very easily without any verification, so if the money comes in to their system was black money they don’t mind about that, but when the black money is going to you “Withdraw” they will check everything to “Guarantee their safety”.

I swear to God that there is no hate or any other thing motivated me to write this, but to tell you exactly my experience so others will be careful in choosing their trading platform or system.

As it clear in the picture, what is the point of approving my credit card but still need to send the form and I have already sent it to them sight by me 6 times but rejection.

Hey Mohammed, any new updates on this ? i hope everything went well with you (Y)

I’m currently thinking of opening an account with them but after i read this i think i have to search more.

I am new to the forex world ,I am from london recently I opened up an account with plus 500 put 1100 pounds in…After trading and doubling my account in three weeks time I lost all because plus 500 doesn’t allow scalping and I didnt close my positions under 10 minutes time.There is nothing in their user agreement what can be treated as scalping??.what is minimum time limit?? etc.i am happy to loose because I am not going back to them looking for good Brooker in London with whom I can carry on trading

About the prepaid card. I am really, really sorry Mohammad but this is your friend’s fault for not telling you this. NEVER use prepaid cards for depositing money for trading. This is not Plus500 fault as there are strict polices they must follow. I don’t have an account with them but I do know the regulations. I hope they will be able to solve this for you. If they knew you were using a prepaid card they would stopped you right away from making more deposits. I am sorry but this is your fault for not fully researching what not deposit methods not to use. You should have asked them about depositing and withdrawing using a prepaid card. This is not shopping online but investing.

Many make this mistake but not asking for the broker’s policy before trading with them. You should be aware that there are many brokers that do not allow scalping. All you need to do is check with them before opening an account. If you couldn’t find it in their policy please ask them to show you where it says on the website, user agreement, terms and conditions or risk disclaimer that scalping is not allowed. They are a big company and have plenty of lawyers, I am sure it’s there.

I am very new to this area, I am a student, basically trading and finance is something I am very interested in and I am spending this summer “self learning”, reading a tonne of books etc, anyway, plus500 is great “for my purpose”, ie, I didn’t lodge any money into it, but I use the 25euro “free money” they give, to make trades, mostly with one currency pair “Eur/Dollar”,
Unlike a practice account, (I have two or three of these) the balance seems more “real” for some reason. I have made mistakes (my first position was bitcoin, the spread was something I didn’t take enough notice of) , I actually got the 25 euro balance up to 38euro at one stage, then I got over confident, took a couple of losing positions (two and three times my usual size) and saw my balance go down to 16euro. I am back now to 22.40 euro.
In total, I took 26 positions in about 6 weeks and learned a lot (with no “real” risk)
I was thinking of depositing a couple of hundred more into plus500, don’t think I will do that now. I am glad I read this thread because it would have definitely been my intention to use a prepaid credit card to make my deposit, so I will definitely do a lot more research before going live with real money

So is it a common practice, not only Plus500 can do that with a prepaid card but other brokers as well?

how to use plus500 broker for bangladesh.

Hey Mohammed, any new updates on this ? i hope everything went well with you!!

As it clear in the picture, what is the point of approving my credit card but still need to send the form and I have already sent it to them sight by me 6 times but rejection.

You made me remind I also got rejected when I first submitted documents to verify my new account with my current broker, vinson financials. I am living with my parent and I don’t have a bank statement or utility bill that have my name on it, I have begged them and even submitted work contract but it wasn’t accepted. Finally it’s solved. Sometimes I hope every broker could be easy in the verification process, especially the regulated ones.

guys do you suggest me using plus500 or not? what is other aternativ i may use?

1 Like

Do not use them they scam there customers and are subject to Class action lawsuit as a result.

Dear dont use plus500 with this site you cant withdraw your money .samething happening to me i deposit money but now for withdraw they wants verification of address, but many document i sent they rejected and they will not answer you why.

Dont use at all ,they are scam

So I’m new here as well and have seen numerous similar comments about plus500 around here and Reddit. The thing that concerns me the most is what I’m hearing about people being unable to collect on winning trades and leverage.

I haven’t opened an account anywhere yet, because I’m trying to figure out the broker that is the least likely to cause me to blow up. Does Plus500 immediately allow you to get max leverage, and is it hard to throttle it down for practice? How do the other firms handle this?

Lastly, I read that the European regulators are requiring maximum leverage to be lowered significantly across a bunch of different asset classes - how do you guys deal w this? Put up a bigger deposit or just move to a different broker outside EU…feel like if it’s move to a different broker I might as well avoid any of the European CFD firms and just go offshore immediately.

One of the agents of attention that integrate this broker is an expert scammer called traderprofesional who has stolen for years using the name of Plus500 to deceive several users, I recommend that you be careful with this person because he wants to harm them.