Anybody have experience with Citifxpro?

Hi. I’m new here. I wanted to know if anybody had any problems experience with Citicorp?

What is the difference between this and say fxcm? They use metatrader as well.

citifxpro dot com Forex Trading with Citi® | CitiFX Pro | 130+ Currency Pairs from 1.2 pips

Sorry. I can’t post links yet.

Try them all yourself. You will find people hating and people loving just about every dealer out there. The only advice I would have is DO NOT put all your trading capital on account with any dealer. Put some in a bank, some with one dealer, some with another, and so on. Black Swans seem to be a bit more common these days.

May you profit like a prophet.

-Adrian

Thanks for the reply and the well wishes. If I end up trying them ill write a review after I’m a few months in. The 10K minimum is the only thing I’m still debating.

hi! maybe try a demo account with both and see which one you prefer trading with. I imagine they both have MT4, but best to try for yourself.

My newest appreciation for dealers is Oanda. The odd lot size thing is just so freakin’ sick! Their platform is pretty weak, but every platform is weak compared to FXCMs Trading Station. The platforms don’t matter to me much anyway.

-Adrian

At least in my country, they are off limits to small time retail investors because they only accept those with institutional trading experience, or ‘accredited investors’ i.e. someone who has >$2million in assets and income >$300k for the past 12 months.

Thanks for letting me know. I’m in the U.S… From what I read they are asking for 10K minimum to open a standard account and 50K minimum for a premium but they have like 130+ pairs. I had no idea you needed 2 million in assets. I guess I’m out.

CitiFX Pro also offers mobile trading on cell phones or other devices. One great feature—the software is ported to the Blackberry and iPhone. This allows traders to monitor their positions in real-time, 24-hour streaming. It also offers electronic alerts if margin usage approaches key levels.

i have never try with them. i start trade with liteforex . now i still trade with them. i’m a loyal customer.i think we need loyal with broker we will have better service.

Sounds great but I don’t have 2 million in assets.

I’ve checked its websites, cityfx provides lots of their own trading platforms, am I right?

Around mid-April, Forex Magnates reported that CitiFXPro was in the process of selling their institutional and retail client books to unspecified buyers, and intended to exit the FX market.

Now, it has been reported that the unspecified buyers are FXCM and Saxo Bank.

Saxo Bank, headquartered in Denmark, will acquire all of the Singapore clients of CitiFXPro.

FXCM LLC (FXCM US) and FXCM Ltd (FXCM UK) will acquire all of the CitiFXPro clients outside Singapore.

Clearly, this is not the time to consider beginning any sort of FX relationship with Citi. As for existing CitiFXPro clients, they have the option of migrating to either FXCM or Saxo (whichever applies, based on the domicile of their Citi forex accounts), or closing their Citi accounts and moving to brokers of their choosing.

The field of US-based forex brokers continues to shrink — apparently as part of a well-orchestrated CFTC plan to destroy off-exchange forex trading, first in this country and then worldwide.

I went back to one of my posts from 6 years ago (shortly after I joined this forum), to review a list I had compiled of US forex brokers regulated and monitored by the CFTC.

As of January 31, 2009, there were 24 of them. Today there are fewer than half that number.

Here’s a partial quote from that post (dated May 8, 2009) —