Tickmill or Vantage FX

These are the two names I’ve seen popping up over and over again on the forums so I wanted to run a comparison and get some input. Both push their ECN accounts and seem to be after the same sort of business.

Tickmill I’d never even heard of. Turns out they’re Armada Markets rebadge. This was my favourite line at the bottom of their website: “You agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Republic of Seychelles.” - Sounds safe huh…

Vantage FX on the other hand are ASIC regulated and seem to have some link with GoMarkets. Not really sure if that’s a good thing but no problems seem to have come from the merge/split.

Are both legitimate ECN brokers? What are your thoughts?

I have recently opened up live account with Vantage FX and one of the main reasons why I chose them was because they are regulated by ASIC. I would never open live account with broker which is not regulated by either ASIC or FCA. There is a reason why Tickmill has decided to be regulated by Courts of the Republic of Seychelles and trust me that the reason is not increased transparency in FOREX trading so my advice to all FX traders is to stay away from all those bucket shops and trade only with ASIC and FCA regulated brokers…

It gets me every time! :smiley:

how about a regulated forex brokers, regulated by ASIC, i saw in FPA , a forex broker who claimed himself as true ECN, has a lot of negative feedbacks,and i wonder why ASIC do not fine this company.

Use Tickmill to trade USD/RUB, this pair yields 10 times higher than majors as its bound to Oil moves, thus extremely predictable as session starts from 9:00 to 23:00 and Oil is 24/5 :wink:
Regarding trading conditions - tight Ruble quotes, very good liquidity as feed comes without gaps even during morning and evening volatility. One more advantage is evening session only a few brokers offer it.
Quite satisfied.

I’ll stick to the majors. Asking for trouble…

Look I am not saying that ALL regulated brokers are great…I am just saying that ALL LOW regulated brokers are bucketshops…Tickmill has extremely low regulatory framework and I wouldn’t trade with them…just ask them why did they open FX business under Seychelles regulatory?? the answer you will get is some blablabla…sorry not interested…I will keep trading with ASIC and FCA regulated brokers and happily pass on Tickmill…

I would have been so much better off if I knew this stuff when I was starting out. Spreads on my Vantage FX ECN account are actually better than they advertise.

Good choice mate!!! I have been trading with Vantage FX for few months and I am impressed with their RAW Eon spreads and execution speed…

Eon sounds like some Matrix stuff!

I think you mean ECN hahaha :smiley:

Oops…you are right…RAW EON spreads looks weird…Its definitely RAW ECN spreads :18:

Between these two - Vantage FX due to better regulation, but overall better options are available

Like who are these better options?

Pepperstone or FXOpen UK - both offer much better spreads and regulation (ASIC and FCA respectively).

FX Open I wouldn’t touch with a 10 foot pole.

Pepperstone and Vantage FX are both ASIC regulated and really seem comparable where it counts.

Be careful with those spread comparison tools, that’s all I’ll say…