Opening an account with a small amount of capital

Hi, i’m 18 and i’ve been doing demo trade for about 3 months so i think i want to give it a go with a small amount of capital. I want to make some real money so i could pay my college fees off my a$$. So i hv a problem with choosing a broker. which broker do u pips recommend??

Don’ t worry too much about your broker. Focus on making consistent profits with a live account. You can always go to another broker.

New traders tend to over analyze their choice of broker, but I suspect it is more an excuse not to be trading live… :wink: Pick one that don’ t promise that everything is free.

You are in Asia. The only broker I know there is Pepperstone, and that is in Australia. :slight_smile: Maybe some of the other have a better solution.

If you look for a broker with a small minimum deposit, you shuold try Freshforex, because you can start with any deposit you want. If you don’t like this broker - just stop trading and withdraw your money.

What deposit are you going to start off with? 100-200 USD? Doubt forex with such deposit will help you to cover fees because to make substantial profit from such amount you’ll need to take high risk and without extraordinary skills it is 100% way to lose. But its up to you, maybe you can try.
Regarding brokers I’d advice you to try Hotforex Micro account it has everything newbie needs and quite reliable.

I would strongly recommend to go for a regulated broker… it will ensure more safety for your funds and also give you more leverage in case you need to fill a complain against your broker for some reasons. In which country are you based?

Hi! I’m based in Malaysia. btw, thanks :slight_smile:

there should be a set of well regulated brokers locally in malaysia, i just hope they are not like them brokers here based in manila coz they suck big time, on the other hand there is always an option to go offshore and trade like i do, hotforex, lmfx are two brokers i trade, some local brokers i tried are metsitrade and i just decided its not worth it. so its more of a trial and error thingy, but for now, grab 2-3 brokers, do some research and comparison, and then deposit a small minimum amount like 50 usd to test the function for a month or so, not to gain profit, just to test the broker, then withdraw and from there u will see a clearer picture on wich is better to go with…

malaysia have wide range of choice to choose forexbroker.
well you can try with broker who offer minimum deposit and popular in your country. what broker that so popular in malaysian forums? in indonesia we have tickmill as one of popular broker.
choosing popular broker with a lot of clients means your deposited money will be more safer because the broker has liquidity to pay your withdrawal

High Five! Malaysia here too. Same like you, im checking out brokers for time being. I reckon Pepperstone is good,been noticing them for a year, and recently looking on IC Markets, HotForex & AdmiralMarket. But im leaning towards brokers that regulated by FCA given the nature of my work, indirectly linked.

It is ok to start with small amount of capital, its in your attitude and strategies to make it grow and earn more. just always remember to have deeper understanding about the flow of the market. it can be the way to success here in forex trading.

I agree FCA brokers may look better but experience shows that offshore brokers are getting better because of high competition. Scam or bad-quality brokers won’t sustain for a long time because their reputation will be easily spoiled by negative scam alert reviews on forums and review websites.
IC Markets and Hotforex are great brokers I’ve tested IC markets and now trade with Hotforex, no issues so far.

FCA brokers are undoubtedly good offering higher level of trader protection against shady businesses but now CySec considerably improved their reputation as a harsh watchdog which doesn’t let scumbags to rip off clients. I think it can warrant now secure and fair service if an entity holds their license. The broker you mentioned like Hotforex or Admiral markets are really great I’ve been trading with Hotforex for several years, nothing to complaint about…

Yeah…i was checking out on Admiral Markets,IC Markets etc…and i almost decided to go for Pepperstone. ctrader looks promising…altho the EAs are widely use in MetaTrader but i believe ctrader’s era will come. What do you think?

Pepperstone is really a good broker, many fxbook links with incredible profits from that broker. cTrader of SpotWare follow me looks professional than MT4 but not really popular even though I have joined localized it. CySec, FCA or regulation doesn’t matter with me. I can trade with any brokers that have good words from real clients.

Haven’t tried Ctrader but read somewhere it’s slower than MT4. Prefer to stay with my premium account at Hotforex but thinking about opening additional account somewhere

This is advisable for newbies. better start on low capital so if ever you loose its easy to let go.

pick the regulated one, you can go for ecn account. but the only thing, there is no problem in withdrawal. ex: broker cancel profit, withdrawal take too long,etc

Thank you guys I read some reviews about the mention brokers here and agree with each person opinion and comment what surprised me here is that no one mention exness. Broker but still using this medium to remind you they are one of the great scammer in brokers world so if you need to invest capital in forex avoid them totally I am looking forward to invest with hot forex or Octaxfox soon

using low amount of capital is much better for newbies of forex trading, we all know that forex is a risky business so always remember that for you to not lose your funds, only use low amount of it just to try for the first time if it will profit, so if ever your strategy would be successful. on the next time, you can use left money for other trading.

What’s happened with exness? I head they have HFT execution issues so scalpers are not keen on running EA’s on their platform. I support your intentions to ty Hotforex, their zero spread account is like “tailor made” for scalper needs.