Is trading 212 a trustworthy broker?

Plz help. Is trading 212 a reliable broker?

Yes, according to my experience with them. :slight_smile: Is there something specific you’d like to know about them?

What is your experience with them? How long have you been trading? Who else have you traded with?
Always suspicious of 1st time posters making recommendations :slight_smile:

Hahaha, fair enough. I was browsing for Trading 212 on the Internet, as I trade with them. Saw this thread and decided to put together a profile to share my point of view. I’ve been with them for 9 months (demo)/6 months (real). Liked their YouTube ad and decided to set a demo. Started reading and watching videos on trading - BabyPips as well. :slight_smile: Wondered whether to create a profile on BabyPips long ago. Perhaps this thread provoked me, don’t know. :slight_smile: Anyway, they are my first broker - the platform is easy and the Android app (as I am an Android user) is rated highly on the Google Play Store. I was asking loads of questions and the chat team answered to all of them. I trade with small amounts (that’s what I can afford) and all deposits and withdrawals went successfully. I made a few transactions in the beginning just to test whether the money will go through or not. So far, so good. I also tried a demo account with FxPro (MT4). I find it too difficult for me using this software. Trading 212’s major con is their portfolio - they have only about 400 instruments, compared to other brokers that can offer thousands. When I asked them re some companies they replied they constantly add new instruments and that the companies I quoted are penny stocks which they don’t include deliberately, as they were too risky. Well, that’s pretty much all of it. :)))

Its a good perfume brah i definitely recommended

:wink: That’s better. Have you tried withdrawing money from them yet, and if so how efficient were they? Do you know where they are regulated.?

Yup, as I mentioned above, when I set my real account I made a few deposits and withdrawals just to test whether all will be fine. All transactions went through. After that I make deposits and withdrawals ever since with no problems. I use my credit card as a payment method. Deposits are instant. When I put the money I can start trading right away. Withdrawals take 2-3 working days. Interesting detail is they let me withdraw my money only via the same credit card I used originally to deposit. Chat guys advised this is due to security reasons. They have 2 regulators - the UK’s FCA and Bulgaria’s Financial supervision commission.

[QUOTE=“JJD;766011”] Yup, as I mentioned above, when I set my real account I made a few deposits and withdrawals just to test whether all will be fine. All transactions went through. After that I make deposits and withdrawals ever since with no problems. I use my credit card as a payment method. Deposits are instant. When I put the money I can start trading right away. Withdrawals take 2-3 working days. Interesting detail is they let me withdraw my money only via the same credit card I used originally to deposit. Chat guys advised this is due to security reasons. They have 2 regulators - the UK’s FCA and Bulgaria’s Financial supervision commission.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your detailed information regarding 212

No worries. :slight_smile:

I Would like to hear more about people’s experience with this broker?

Thanks for the info! I think I might try them as well once I find a problem with the broker I’m sticking with currently :slight_smile:

Bulgaria… yuck … are we trying to buy cheap soviet era AK47s here or trade forex? They charge fees on deposits :58:

Find a good ASIC ECN broker like Vantage and you won’t look back!

By the way, 212 are fully regulated in the UK and they have good customer services. Yes your right they do charge for deposits.

I repeat: yuck.

Hahaha that was great JT - In Bulgaria, broker trade you.

Yeah deposit fees are just gross - I mean Vantage pays you interest on your deposits - these guy’s charge you … it’s really not hard to pick who the better broker is.

Been on 212 for almost 2 years now, great support. The best trading app IMO but when it comes to cheap i have to say, there is always a new broker offer which lures people … however 212 is well regulated and is damn good cleab platform that a 10 year old can understand. I prefer Reputable Clean and thats why i keep using 212. However, they are limited on indicators and drawing tools also. I use the Trading View charts but place my trades on 212. I just sent them my feedback to allow 212 to connect with Trading View like FXCM did last month.

Im brand new to this… whats the difference between free funds and portfolio funds? Can you withdraw the portfolio fund?

Portfolio funds means the amount of money on your account balance - your entire account. Free funds is the money available for you to open new positions. If you are trading CFD, the free funds are also used as a margin (collateral funds) for your already opened positions if the market turns against you. Hope this explanation is clear enough.

Thanks for that Can you withdraw the portfolio money?

If you have positions that are currently open, theoretically the maximum amount of funds you can withdraw is the one of the free funds on your account. That won’t be a good idea because you won’t have any funds to cover the margin and support your positions if the market goes into the opposite direction. I would suggest requesting a withdrawal only if you have none open positions in your account. Technically, in that case the amount of free funds will be equal to the one of the entire portfolio. So, put simply - the answer to your initial question is YES, you can withdraw your portfolio funds if there are no open CFD positions in your account.