Need Help Finding Right Broker for EA

All;

I’ve been testing an expert advisor that shows very promising results. In Strategy Tester in MT4, I run the test using a 2 pip spread and 4 digit pricing, and get good results. When I switch from 2 pip spread to Current spread in strategy tester, the results aren’t so good.

So, based on those results, I’m guessing I need a broker with a 2 pip spread or less. And, it would have to be a fixed spread to attain the results I’m getting with the robot, right?

If so, looking for a broker who has this… I don’t understand much about commissions and pricing, but I am starting with a very small amount of money ($200) and am worried the commissions will blow the account before the EA does.

Any thoughts?
PipTomITrust

Hotforex offers 1.8 pip fixed spread on EURUSD. Check their fixed account spreads to see if they fit your EA https://www.hotforex.com/hf/en/trading-products/fix-spreads.html

Wow, that’s certainly a much bigger spread than I’ve ever paid, on EUR/USD. That’s actually nearly [I]twice[/I] Oanda’s typical RTH spread on EUR/USD.

Not [I]necessarily[/I] (depending on what spreads the robot is allowing for): for example, spreads that vary between 0.8 and 1.2 during RTH are clearly going to work out [U]hugely[/U] better than a fixed spread of something as big as 1.8 - with the extent of the “hugely” being in proportion to the trading-frequency, aren’t they? :wink: