Why ForexPeaceArmy only post negative reviews about brokers

I am looking for a broker to trade with. All the brokers I check have negative reviews more than positive reviews at forexpeacearmy.com. If a review site only puts negative reviews, how are we suppose to find the best brokers. All of them have negative reviews.

But there are other review websites that have many positive reviews.

Please can someone advice what other method to find a decent broker?

Exist only 1 serious broker for retail traders IB …

I believe they no longer open retail accounts
What’s Next for US Forex after Interactive Brokers Abandons Retail Market? | Finance Magnates

I understand stand why they regulate forex brokers away , just see how FXCM promote new traders one…

Because most people won’t blame themselves for failing and will blame the broker instead, which in like 95% cases has nothing to do with it.

I think is absolutely rightly cause good reviews are posted on other sites. And on forexpeacearmy not all the brokers have negative reviews :wink:

I agree with YourMother, it’s true that too many traders put blame of their mistake on brokers, so that’s why most broker even good one have bad reviews, but there are many brokers which are actually bad and have genuinely bad reviews like IronFX or such.

This is true, but (as always with forums and interactive websites) beware of positive reviews from first-time posters who appear to have registered at the site specifically and solely to leave a good review of one service, because those posters are often the service-provider’s own staff, friends, relatives and pets. :wink:

:smiley: Nowadays it’s hard to believe people you don’t know, really. It’s always better to compare all reviews and to see proofs of real people (better friends or someone you know). Still I want to believe that reviews like “Ah, this broker is magical” should be deleted by administrators.

On one hand they’re probably wary of glowing reviews because they might be left by people working for the actual broker, on the other hand there really are a lot of people out there who lose money and blame the broker for their own failure. That said, this is a market that really is full of scammers and unethical brokers and there are many, many people who have gotten stung. Australians, for example, lost over $229 million to such scams in 2015 alone. And this is the data from just one (albeit a large) country. I doubt that the situation elsewhere is very different. So the answer to the initial question is complex and has many different aspects which all matter.

It depends on the issue a trader posted in review. Sometimes its a traders fault (60-70% of all reviews) something like “hey I got 10 pips slippage on NFP, this broker is a scam”, while slippage on NFP even huge is a regular thing. But try to find reviews that really describe an issue, but these is difficult for newbies.
Ask your questions on forums and try to base you broker choice on feedback from real traders…

if you feel good with a broker, you won’t say something;
but, if you feel bad with them, you may post something with angry, that is easy to understand

I look at it differently.

I don’t think they “promote” either: I think they [I]attract[/I] more negative comments than positive, for two main reasons …

(i) Many positive comments there (as here) come from suspicious first-time posters most of whom are probably the vendor or very close to the vendor and are submitted with obvious promotional intent, and some of those are removed;

(ii) It’s an industry in which there are so many scammy offerings around that truly representational comments are bound to be predominantly negative anyway.

I don’t think high leverage is dangerous [I]in itself[/I].

But I think that overall, potential customers [U]specifically attracted by it[/U] are very often those with a [I]hugely[/I] inflated impression of what high leverage can help them achieve, and how quickly, and are exactly the sort of clients the business model of the “brokers” offering such high leverage is designed to attract, because that’s how they make their living. Inevitably, without exception (and there are reasons for that), they’re [I]not[/I] actually genuine brokers at all, but comparatively lightly-regulated counterparty market-makers who need a constant turnover of losing traders to make a living themselves. Experience has taught them (accurately) that the realities of trading predicate that in the long run they’ll clean out the accounts of almost all the customers attracted by very high leverage.