Tickmill now UK FCA regulated?

Got a mail from them yesterday that they are now FCA licensed. Long-awaited feature for many I think, now feel safe with my $4000 there :slight_smile:
Also Tickmill Expands to Europe With an FCA UK Regulated Broker - Yahoo Finance
Any thoughts?

1 Like

Yeah…pure marketing I can tell from your side.

Even if TickMill got a license does not mean anything. To operate in UK as a Broker you need to ask for that license, same that if you want to be a Broker in Spain …you need the license from the CNMV. However, if you are a Mexican, German or Indian client the FCA will not cover you by anything. Only UK residents will be covered. Same happens with Plus 500 when I have tried to open an account years ago when I lived abroad. “yeah we are regulated by the FCA so do not worry” and my answer was like “okay but I am not a UK citizen so…will i be covered?”. After more than 10 minutes trying to avoid the right reponse to my question, the answer was “oh well we are based in Israel so you will be covered by (I do not even remember the the name of the regulator, but obviously a joke!)”

I don’t trade with this broker but I want to confirm if I am not UK citizen, then I don’t get FCA protection in case a broker cheated me? I thought the regulation should protect all traders.

I’m rather surprised by this assertion. Are you sure, Londonbullish?

Okay guys, let see how can I explain that. Basically I am living in the UK for 5 years but I was born in Spain. Currently I am working in a clinic in London and i met a client who now became a really close friend to me and he is working in the City of London in an important Bank but obviously he knows many brokers and traders around the City. Thanks to him I have got good recommendations to trade with different Brokers regulated by the FCA (i am with 2 at the moment) and he also tells me all this kind of tricks about regulation.
In terms of the FCA regulation there are some discrepancies. Basically some Brokers are based in another countries with another regulation i.e

• Broker XXXX 212 based in Bulgaria, regulated by the FSC (God knows if thats even a regulation lol) and has the FCA license to operate in UK. This particular Broker DO NOT cover Spanish residents or any other particular ones outside the UK, means they will be cover just by the FSC (by noone). I have double checked this with the Live Chat service.

• There are other cases (this should be the usual way) which the Broker is based in other european country or any other country outside Europe, establishing their offices in London and getting the license by the FCA. In this case, if you are opening an account with them (and you are in Europe), they should open your trading account under the UK company as you are within the MiFID scope so you will be covered in this case by the FCA. If you are outside Europe then 100% you will not be regulated by the FCA. YOU MUST BE AWARE of the contract you are signing with the Broker when they are opening your account as they MUST specify if you are opening under the FCA regulation or something else. Some brokers are really tricky with this (it happened to me).

I believe with TickMill this is the case. Probably if you are within Europe they must open your account under the FCA regulation but if you are from any other country outside Europe then 100% you become regualted by the FSA (Financial Services Authority of Seychelles).

ALWAYS ask in their Live Chat, be annoying asking the same question 100 times if necessary because at the beginning they will try to avoid this question or even sometimes they are not even sure what they are answering. And always check what you are signing !!! Do not do the same mistakes as me :frowning:

I wanted to send you an email and ask you by private as I am not really keen of putting names of other brokers here…but i cant contact you like that. Basically as I have mentioned before, it depends of your Broker. If you want to give me the name of your Broker then I can speak with my friend and he will tell me 100% the truth about it.

Well I chatted with their support and they said that all individual traders are now covered with FCA investors compensation scheme. So I guess there is nothing to worry about.

For Tmill UK which is a separate entity I guess it is UK.

According to their website it is UK.
So anybody tried their UK branch? How it is to trade with 1:50 leverage? :slight_smile:

I use ECN Pro account at Tickmill, It is pleasure to trade with them, low spreads, helpful and dedicated guys from support, very fast withdrawal without fees. Anybody traded with them for a long time?

I’ve been with tickmill for years and never had any problems. Only have good things to say. Well worth checking them out

Could I ask you for some advanced stuff like: what is average trading volume of your orders you’ve placed with them? How much of profit withdrawn?

hello ontario. Haven’t traded with them yet. They indeed seem to be based in UK. As you correct state, according to their website (footer note): Authorised and Regulated by the UK Financial Conduct Authority. FCA Register Number: 717270.

Well, why not to try them out? They do look like a credible broker.

Highest - 4 lots, average 0.2-0.3 lot. I can’t boast with long trading history but two month of trading didn’t revealed any crucial drawbacks on their paltform.
And there was a test withdrawal which went through quite smoothly.

It is always good to have FCA licence there is no doubt. But the thing is that they also have Seychelles which means that the clients registered in Seychelles book have nothing to do with FCA at all.

Thanks K.O. :slight_smile:
And what keeps your from signing up to their FCA regulated branch?

At least they share reputation I guess. Seychelles company is for those who wants high leverage, keeping both branches the company is just more flexible in meeting client needs I guess.

Can’t find information about demo accounts, do they expiry in time, and what in what time of inactivity they jump into archive?

They don’t expiry in time I guess, max what they can do is to archive your account which you can restore upon request.
BTW how good is their ECN Pro account? How many LP’s do they use?