30 pip of spread

Hi Everybody!

Hope you are enjoying the holidays… I have question. Is 30 pip of spread a normal one, or is expensive?

Thanks!

Depends on the pair and day/time.

Right now USD/CHF, Broker: OANDA. Are there specifics times to get less expensive spread?

It is the holidays. Even for holidays the spread looks too much. Forex Forums | OANDA fxTrade . There are lots of stuff over years that noticed with them including oanda-cfd.com ….Send you friend request. May be chat sometime through. What brokers do you like using?

Definitely. Avoid weekends and holidays. OANDA publishes what they consider each so you can know in advance when spreads will widen out.

Thanks you both!. Flypips101 I already send you the friend request.

It is extremely big slippage which in this year could happen during crazy volatility like Brexit or US elections. But buckethshop brokers can also charge you such spread on NFP similar high-impact data with regular release.

30 pips spread at USD/CHF is super abnormal! Doesn’t matter what time is that. More than 5 pips in any time with USD/CHF is pretty high. USD/CHF is one of the most liquid currency in major pairs.
I suggest you to run away from that broker (How famous is not a question for such practice). I didn’t find more than 7 pips in my broker (Hanseatic Broker) even in NFP and FED hike!

Are you sure its pips and not pipettes?

Lol… It’s just not on with such pips no matter what situation. I mean, i didn’t see such pips even when there was Brexit decision, so it would be crazy to have it while holiday. I mean, no decent broker would have that high pips regardless of the situation. But, please keep in mind, i am talking about major pairs.

How does that address my question?