What are your opinions on IG?

Hi everyone,

I’m quite new to the whole trading scene and haven’t been able to experience many brokers.
However I came across IG and stuck with it as it had a nice user interface, reasonable spreads and allow me to trade many currencies.

However I have noticed that every now and again I seems like I have been stop hunted. Is this just me placing my stops at the wrong levels or is this something that others have came across?

Furthermore what are your opinions on IG?

Cheers,

Blue

Hi Blue. I was with with IG when I first started trading Forex. I used their demo for a few months and live for about a month.

I was also noticing getting stops taken out on a regular basis and initially thought it was my stop placements. I then wised up and ran 5 different broker platforms over a 2 week period and instantly noticed that the IG platform spiked way more than the other providers. (you should try this for yourself) Also the platform became really sluggish when the market was volatile.

I closed my live account and withdraw all funds without any issues. I still have a demo with them which I go back and run a few trades from time to time just to see if more experience has helped with trading which has improved results.

I now use cTrader charts across 3 brokers which is a great platform (extensive information) and has unlimited indicators and the ability to run bots (unlike IG). Ironically I now rely on price action for most of my trading so indicators are not as crucial as they once where. Hope this helps.

Thank you for your answer.

I reckon I will follow your advice and try out different brokers.

Do you know of a good website with reviews of the different brokers?

Hi Blue, just wondered how you got on choosing a broker? I Am looking for a neutral cod trader after getting fleeced by 500Plus+ Money makers?

I see IG w8n some top awards fro best CFD, just researching them and came across your negative post.

They have a major withdrawal problem because apparently every time i request a withdrawal i have to send my ID an banks statements over an over an over i should’ve red flagged them the second time smh. But obviously making deposits is easy ,an it also seems more often than not i get stop hunted to exactly where my stop loss is placed before market goes in my direction.They where my first broker but i learned my lesson an gained experience now.Oh yeah an very slow execution smh. Good Luck