The 'usual tight spreads,regulation' etc. Any brokers that offer more?

Just wondering if there are any brokers out there who offer more features than the usual tight spreads and regulation. Would be cool to see a different approach for once in this industry.

What type of feature you are exactly looking for? First of all, I am not sure if you are including “regulation” into feature than it’s correct. It’s necessary stuff. I don’t see what cool features could be, it might be bonus or no deposit bonus, and I can’t see anything else that could be into cool bracket especially when we talking about broker that is reliable and trustworthy, so got to be very wise with our selection.

[I][U]A first-time poster, from Cyprus[/U][/I]? Lol, haven’t you seen these before, Anwar? Call me a skepchick, but after a few hours, or a day, there’ll be another first-time poster along, to recommend some Cyprus-based, CySEC-“regulated” (if you can call it that) “broker” (it will actually be a counterparty market-maker, of course) which has “absolutely fantastic service, the lowest spreads in history, a new account bonus offer of some kind, and everything about it will be totally wonderful”. This is how they promote themselves in forums. :wink:

You can try binary options. Completely different and simplified easier to learn :wink: faster to lose.
At least you will discover some new funny game decorated by quotes and candlesticks :wink:

Lol… True…

Do not get me wrong, I am not saying that Cysec is a proper regulations, but in my opinion not all of the Cyprus based brokers are that bad. As I saw in the last period, Cysec modified a lot in the regulations ( maximum default leverage, deposit bonus etc). I am myself trading with a Cysec based broker and I never had a problem in terms of withdrawals, unwanted calls or anything like this. In the past I traded with an FCA regulated broker, and honestly talking, I was spammed with e-mails regarding opportunities…

No, I’m sure that’s perfectly true: there are good ones and bad ones, of course … but [I]CySEC itself[/I] is a joke regulator, compared with (for example) the FCA … and of course this is precisely [B][U]why[/U][/B] some horrible, scammy brokers choose to be regulated there, to protect themselves rather than their clients.

It’s only when something goes very wrong that you [I]need[/I] the regulator, of course.

I know what you are talking about, pretty(please read very) bad things happened with some CySEC regulated brokers in the past. But, for as far as I know, in the last period not that many brokers manage to get CySEC regulation anymore. On the other hand, neither all of the FCA brokers are that good… By the way lexys, I would like to ask you a question as I saw that your replies are very good. What would you think about a broker that firstly was CySEC regulated and now is applying for other regulations as well(let’s say FCA for example)? Thank you in advance

I’m no expert on this! But if they get FCA regulation [I]and your account is covered by the FCA regulation[/I], I certainly wouldn’t let the fact that they’re also CySEC-regulated put me off them.

Hahah :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Completely agreed on that. This is why i prefer to pick brokers regulated by FCA because i know there is some sort of coverage for me.

Interesting stuff, I see what you mean but I’m genuinely asking if there is anything more a broker can offer like concierge service or something. They all claim they have great service but at the end of the they just call up relentlessly. Im relatively new to trading started in the summer and I feel like all the brokers offer the same things, FxPro has been the one i stuck with due to no one bugging me with calls everyday

In regards to CySEC regulations, if a broker damages the trader in some sort of way. Are they strict and mature enough to punish the broker? From reading a few articles and also on ForexPeacearmy, it seems like they are too soft no? How can they secure me as a trader when **** hits the fan

Honestly I do not know as I was never damaged by a broker( I do not honestly know how could they do this). But lately I saw that they apply almost the same measures that FCA is applying…

No - they’re not, and that’s part of the problem.

Yes - very much so. (It’s not a site in which I have any confidence or trust at all, to be honest, but they’ve clearly got that right, if that’s your impression.)

It’s not so much about what they say, though: it’s about what actually [B]happens[/B] when something goes wrong. You only [I]need[/I] the regulator (or any other body) when something goes very wrong.

And so you should, because bonuses are generally a reliable indicator that you should be [B][U]avoiding[/U][/B] a broker, for all the reasons explained here (and in 100 other posts and threads - but reading just that [U]one[/U] thread [I]slowly and carefully[/I], and thinking about [B][U]why[/U][/B] the experienced traders are all saying what they’re saying, will help you a lot!), so it’s definitely good information to discover.

[I]Genuine[/I] brokers [I][U]don’t[/U][/I] offer these bonuses … but in order to understand why, you need first to have a very clear picture of the two distinct main types of forex broker available, so you have some helpful and necessary reading and learning to do, preferably [U]before[/U] you start trading. Be aware that in a field of endeavour in which about 95% of people [B]don’t[/B] become successful, “doing what most people are doing” [B]isn’t[/B] going to be a recipe for success. :wink:

Ok, this is my opinion but when I see bonus, I hear “big mistake”. Like Lexys explained, only the non-reliable brokers, market makers offers these kind of bonuses. Basically they are tempting you to start taking bigger risks and easily blow your account. Reducing the stop out level to 0 % is a huge risk as well and most serious brokers would not let that happen. After all these stop out events are made for protecting your account.

Hmm maybe I am wrong, but for as far as I know, since CySec and FCA changed the default leverage to 1:50, bonuses are not allowed anymore…