Tips to Choose Right Broker

Hello Everyone,

Can anybody give me some tips on how to choose a suitable broker as per my requirements?

Welcome to the forum.

Please excuse my mentioning that there are literally hundreds of threads - some of them very recent/current - discussing this exact question; the forum’s search function is your friend, but only if you learn to use it. :wink:

(In my opinion, the two most important things are (i) to understand the difference between the two main “classes” of forex brokers available and how it can affect you, and (ii) to check where, how and by whom a broker is regulated and their [I]regulatory history[/I].)

The obvious thing is obviously regulation, but what are YOUR requirement? As i can’t find that written anywhere…

hello niklasklein,
There are many parameters to check in order to decide which is the most suitable broker.
As mentioned from lexys&AnwarRiyad, top priority should be the borker’s regulation/license.
Then, depending your trading strategy, you can check execution of trades, quality of service, deposit & withdrawal methods.
Before you open a real account, you should first try a demo with the broker you 'll choose.
Good luck.

First of all, you need to figure out what your requirements are. After that, look for a broker that fits those requirements. Do an extensive research of that broker. Double check whatever regulatory information they provide with the regulator they claim they’re licensed by. Read reviews left by former and current clients. Check to see whether that broker has been fined by the regulator about anything ever and what the reason for the fine was.

This market is full of scammers and dishonest companies. The European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) said recently the number of financial consumer complaints filed in the first half of 2016 with European National Competent Authorities (NCAs) has grown to 7,026, or up by 36.4% from the previous six months.

Minimize your risk! Be vigilant! Don’t trust blindly promises for a big profit.

One very common error that I see people make is having requirement like low spread, bonus or such thing which eventually distract us from real thing which is regulation, as to me that is the best important thing. If we want to get the best broker then just make sure we go with one that is reliable and trustworthy, as only then we will be able to succeed and achieve any sort of results in our favor.

I totally agree with you. Most people are really seeking for bonuses, no slippage, low spreads, no commission, etc. but you should think about that if a broker offers all of these, then he must trade against you and eventually you will lose. These types of brokers (or market makers) are not well regulated and you will not be able to defend your rights in this case. Don’t be tempted by such conditions, make sure to choose a reliable broker with solid regulations and with direct market access if possible.

Finding an experienced trader is earning well and ask/figure out his broker, you really made a good choice.

I think we need to go with broker that is good with customers and have good reputation. I like working with Octafx because they are nice and straight forward. I can do my work without any interference or manipulation. I like the cTrader platform here because it is where I can really find comfort not having to tackle re quote or even slippage, which is still there but on very low levels. So this is really what I want and wish for instead of anything else.

Choosing a broker is one crucial decision and should be taken carefully. You should look into the execution speed, spreads depending upon your trading strategy. Also check how convenient deposits/withdrawal options do they offer. Look into their reviews, visit their website and use their demo. Or you can start with a micro live account with the broker and get a glimpse of their trading conditions and if satisfied, you can go ahead with bigger funds with that very broker.

I like such questions so much :smiley: Give me some advice for something, and for what? a crystal ball may tell :slight_smile:
Man, if you know your requirements, make a list of brokers you like the most, check their websites and see if they suit you.
Nothing unnatural at all. Research may take some time, but it’s the way every trader does it

Hope these three things will help you to choose a right and real broker.
(!) [B]Instant Execution[/B] - Instant Execution is the best method to identify a right broker. A real broker don’t to late execution time.
(!!) [B]Fully Regulated and Licensed Broker[/B] - A broker is so important for real trading because all the activities money related so please check in first your broker Licensed or authority permission that you can right observation about any broker.
(!!!) [B]Pure STP & ECN Broker[/B] - Electronic Communications Network(ECN): Is the main sort of a broker as such. Like in equities – brokers should give you a chance to access the market not be the market. So a genuine ECN broker gives you a chance to see the real costs and show the request in the market.

Straight Through Processing (STP): A few brokers however say they are STP while they are really MM, you can never tell and here and there they do a touch of both – MM for washouts and STP for victors.

First we the traders have to consider of the broker are popular and a regulated one, because non regulated broker is just like investor into hyips and that way our funds are not safe , perhaps one thing I do see recently is that most newbie choose any broker that give a start a bonus , devoid of considering if they are regulated or not.

As for me here are the things one should consider in choosing a broker:

• ability to offer a tight spread
  • funding options because sometimes it is tedious to just do bank transfers
  • withdrawal process and options of receiving funds
  • online support
  • regulated STP/ECN

My view is that we got to go with broker not just looking at regulation but where it’s regulated from and more important aspect, so all these things is what we need to have it right in order to find reliable broker. I always put these requirements upfront, as I feel this is how we will get good broker and when we have supportive broker then we will certainly do well and help our self with making good money as well.