Pepperstone 60pips slippage

Hi

Hi guys, today I had a 60 pips slippage which was then corrected in seconds. However I got SL-ed and then it went back down to the price which was originally trading. Attached is the minute graph, my SL was set at 5912 but was SL-ed at 5928. I was looking at my phone and it was +300, suddenly both trades closed and I saw i was - 700. Is there a way to get compensation of any sort?

It looks like a data input error at the broker’s (assuming tha underlying market didn’t actually spike like this). I have had this problem with a spread-betting provider; they immediately restored the loss to my account and reinstated the position. Its definitely something you should take up with the company.

I agree with Tommor here, I think you should contact them first up. There is always slippage with every broker, but this is enormous, so try contacting the support…. Hope you can get the matter solve… Good luck.

60 pips is a quite big slippage. I agree with the others, you need to contact your broker and ask them what was the issue. I believe they should restore your position and balance. Please let us know what happened once you contact them :slight_smile:

This is definitely a rare case reported, as Pepperstone usually comes into good books. So it is not right to term them scam just like that especially if we are not having proper idea about the story here. So I guess we should be better with not guessing things and wait for their customer service to sort out the issue. But one thing I do say that there are no guarantees in business like Forex, there can be many unexpected things happening.