Why not just use a system?

Please answer this question for me, it may help me understand better everyone’s positions here. Do you all do trading full time, or do you have jobs and enjoy trading as a hobby?

For me I have to hold down a job as well, so trading I leave up to my Avonko EA right now. I’m also starting to demo test a portfolio of 23 free EAs designed by a professional coder with the intent of turning $200,000 USD into $1m USD in one year. He seems very confident in his portfolio and has given me the EAs he has coded for free.

I will be demo testing his portfolio of 23 EAs on another computer in my home with a specific demo account. If they work well, I will post them for free for you guys here. (and I’ll be very excited!)

Curiously yours

JW

every system on this site, they are very profitable, if u know how to use them
every systems they all got some weakness point. i try them all, but they will only make profit at some point, ( strong market or sideway market)
i suggest u should follow the market, not follow a system.

i traded GBPJPY GBPCHF GBPUSD

There’s a wide split among the participants here, just as there are in the markets, as to how much time is spent on trading. Since full-time traders are relatively few in percentage terms, it’s safe to say that most folks here are part-timers.

That is just simply not true. There are quite a few system ideas folks have tossed out here which aren’t good at all.

A consistently profitable system is hard to find in my opinion. Having said that I think the best approach to trading is to use a mechanical system, which will help you to stay disciplined. I think a semi-automated system where you are alerted when a setup occurs is ideal.

The thread below may shed some light on your question.

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/7960-trading-full-time-job-just-may-impossible.html

I understand what you mean if we’re talking about active trading based on your own discretion, but why shouldn’t I be able to be profitable consistently if I find a good system and use it with sound money management practices, and avoid trading on anomalous news days?

I have had good results so far with Avonko Elite and I feel there are probably a lot more valuable EAs out there that, if used properly, could generate consistent returns for the trader who can’t sit in front of the screen all day long.

Do you disagree?