Download an Expert Advisor & enjoy your life. No more staring @ PC

It’s a fact that such EA exist. They are even EA competitions.

In your opinion:

1. How difficult is it to create one if you learn some programming. Impossible, very difficult, possible, etc.

2. If you had a working and profitable one would you honestly post it on the net so people can download for free?

3. Those which are on the net already are they good? I tested a couple, sometimes the results were promising, but after testing again or on another PC, the result was negative.

4. Are institutional traders using them to trade or they trade manually? They have resources like powerful PCs, an army of programmers, etc.

5. If a company or an individual trader/programer develops such an EA spending lots of money and resources, would they sell it for 99$, etc. Are they reliable?

6. How much would you pay to get such an EA which is really working and profitable?

• $100
  • $1,000
  • $10,000
  • $100,000
  • $1.000.000

I developed myself a simple, easy to implement system with clear entries, exits, S/L, T/P, no guesswork. It is quite profitable, but I have to watch the monitor 24h. I am dying. I decided to create such a trading robot myself. I think it will be quite easy to create it with the help of my programming teacher. I take private lessons and they are fun. I am using some other EA as a basis and add my parameters.

Waiting for your oppinions.

Happy trading.

Hi,

I too have been playing around trying to create EA’s. I have programmed before, using a dbase compiler named “Clipper” and in javascript, so I’ve been able to get a couple of my own EA’s running, although there is lot yet to learn. You may be able to pick it up easily or not…it depends.

I’m just sharing this because I too don’t want to be stuck in front of the screen… watching…analyzing… which I’ve been doing whether I be on 15m or daily chart.

My other worry is when waiting for signals, chances are I’ll be at work or sleeping when they trigger, then I might have to wait another few days before I’m around for the next signal. (If only the markets were open on weekends…sigh).

Another benefit is the backtesting of a strategy. Yes, getting the EA to do what you would do helps to determine it’s success or not a lot more quickly. Once it’s running on a demo, I still feel the need to monitor it, mostly at the entry point in case of fakeouts which I didn’t know to consider, or due to my inexperience with the software, didn’t know how to detect.

I too like to use “templates” for the common functions ea’s do…they all establish variables, they all manage orders, and they all test for a entry signal…why reinvent the entire wheel so to speak.

So the thought that an EA would help me out in these ways drove me down this path, and I don’t think it’s robbing me of “learning how to trade”. Actually I think it helps facilitate it.

As for posting it for other people to use… well I like to share, but in case of unforseen circumstances that cause it not to perform as profitably (as it does for oneself), or at a loss, makes me hesitate…too much responsibility.:eek: If you did go the selling route, then people would want their money back if it didn’t work, or they could just say it didn’t work even if it did, just to get their money back…scammers aren’t always the seller. :rolleyes:

As for buying them, well with all the hype and powerful sales pitch, it’s hard to tell having not bought any myself. I have had privy to an e-book on another hyped up strategy for making money through e-bay, but once I read it, I found out I was already doing it! “The grass is always greener on the other side” comes to mind and ever heard of the “Field of Diamonds” story. But like the cat’s curiosity, it’s hard to resist.

So find a template, learn to code your EA and if it’s profitable…you’re already a winner. :slight_smile: