SMTP server for MT4, Java Applet loading Q

Hello ,

1.I try to setup SMTP server : smtp.yahoo.com for MT4 email alerts but test connection failed.
Anybody succed this action with a Yahoo mail?

TopGun_68 I see that you are a master in this optin? :slight_smile:

2.Also is there a trick to load a java applet (connect MT4) over a proxy through a firewall?A platform like is Meebo for YMessenger maybe ?

Point 2 is not related with point 1.

A little help here will be appreciated.

Thankz,
pixter

bump

I am on the island waiting for the bottle :slight_smile:

bumpster up

Anyone can help here please?

When you enter in an smtp address for MT4, mt4 is trying to connect to that address, login to an email account, and then send an email to whatever address you specify. If you want to be able to do this, yahoo requires you to pay for it.

Google allows you POP access for free through gmail, you might want to consider this as a free alternative.

www.gmail.com

When you enter in an smtp address for MT4, mt4 is trying to connect to that address, login to an email account, and then send an email to whatever address you specify. If you want to be able to do this, yahoo requires you to pay for it.

Is this true? I am trying to do the alert with my yahoo account, have the problem.

I know you can’t with hotmail unless you pay so I’m guessing yahoo is the same. Use your ISP email or gmail.

I use the gmail

got:

16:20:20 Mail: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first 11sm3347064wrl
16:20:20 Mail: ‘Test message’ failed

Anyone had the same problem, and how to get around it?

TIA

SEan

I have the same problem with my Gmail account

http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/727-cowabunga-system-37.html#post29374

This should help.

Don’t waste your time trying to set up your mt4 with google. It won’t get past security. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to figure out what service DOES work. Sorry.

I spent weeks trying to find a free SMTP server to work with MT4. Finally found one at gmx.com. It’s been working like a charm for months now!

SMTP Server: mail.gmx.com:587
SMTP Login : <[email protected]>
SMTP Password: yourpassword
To: wherever you want the email to go.

I didn’t knew about it. I am finding this information very help full. I would like to say that a trader must always trade according to his strategy because he is using his hard earned money in this market.

Hi Phil,

can you still make it work with GMX? If not what are you using?
I get this error message from MT4 when using GMX:
2009.01.28 18:01:47 Mail: 550 5.7.0 Sender address does not belong to logged in user {mp-us003}

Know what that is about?

thanks,
MAR

Nevermind,

restarted MT4 and works like a charm! :slight_smile:

It keeps giving me the message: 2009.06.09 13:34:22 Mail: error connecting to smtp.gmx.com:587 :eek:
I am using Paretologic Antivirus plus. I checked the parameters in the antivirus but did not find anything…
Can anyone help?

Regards,
SK

I just noticed that my text messages are no longer working. I’m not getting any error messages the texts just never arrive. It’s possible that gmx has changed their server configuration so this no longer works…

Is anyone else that’s using gmx for text message forwarding having problems??

restarted MT4 and works like a charm!:smiley:

How do we configure to send mass mail to my subscriber list… in mt4?
Thanks

THANK YOU FOR STATING THIS!!! I’ve been troubleshoot for awhile now and this fixed it. :smiley: