How old are you

total curiosity. im just wondering, what age forex traders are. as for me… im 18.

plz post

I’m 38 but I wish I started learning FX at 18 :slight_smile:

Topgun

I’m 105. Just kidding…i’m 34

As for me, I’m 19 and a 1/2,or if you round it up, that’s 20, but of course that school mentality doesn’t work in trading. :smiley:

Stay Cool Eh, Take it Easy!

Just turned 20 yeehaw! I wonder if its mainly the youngens that get clocked in this market? Oh well, I’m done with the OTCBB roller-coaster ride, the pump and dumps, and the never ending lies! If you can make money there, I’m sure you can do it here :wink:

[U]’‘youngens that get clocked in this market[/U]’’ that definately does terrify me, but i have the perfect situation to trade if i can overcome inexperience. no job, graduation is this summer, my dad works so he covers the bills.

keep this thread going! post your age!:slight_smile:

I’m 37 yrs.

So far, we have 4 people in the middle of their 30s, and 3 people around 20 in this thread.

Both ages are a kind of a transitional period. The 20ers have finished school and have to think what to do afterwards. People approaching their 40s are often thinking about some career change after having gained work experience.

It’s interesting that especially people of these ages are trying to learn about forex.

Good Point. Also us in the mid 30’s, atleast me, have realized that no company is worth my time ever again. I worked at Siemens for 16 years (started at age 18) as a network engineer just to have them throw me out like yesterday’s garbage because they wanted to save $$$ and I knew too much. The sad thing is I went back after being laid off for a year & a half and now I am learning FX to someday trade FT and tell them to F off :slight_smile: . [I](I had to go back because I just bought a house, had to pay bills, just got married & had a new baby all at the same time then I got laid off right afterwards :mad: ).[/I] Don’t ever trust ANY employer because they are all scum that won’t pay you what your worth and if they do they will not hesitate to let you go for the younger kids (no offense) coming out of school after they think you know too much. The good thing is FX does not discriminate so we can all prosper and not take orders from no one ever again!!!

Sorry for getting off topic :smiley:

Topgun

I’m 37 and have been active in forex on one level or another since I was 23. Kind of scary, huh? :eek:

Started personally trading stocks and stuff when I was 18, though mom had me in the market way back in middle school when she made me put some of my paper route earnings in to a DRP for Dow Chemical.

Another 19 year old here. My main business is affiliate marketing, I am getting into Forex so I could invest a good portion of my earnings and grow my money. It’s a personal goal of mine to be wealthy, because no one in my family has had the opportunity to have wealth until I came along. Good luck everyone.

At 19, you probably can’t afford to lose that much of your hard earnings, do you believe forex is the way to get rich? There is so much risk,(90% fail) if you can’t deal with loss, or afford loss, please be careful, and don’t just listen to wild stories about 180 PIP wins, and 40 PIP per day wins, it’s not easy at all. I won at demo’s but real cash is tougher. Live long and PIP alot!

180 pips wins are possible, of course with long term. usually holding anywhere from 1 day to a week. For instance EUR/JPY can make a 300 pip move in one day. In fact some people might even have these large moves as their target, since they have such wide stops(of course you have to learn to have the tolerence to not take your profits early). However, this may not happen often. In saying that yeah, it’s not a cakewalk, as once quoted “trading is ten months grind and two months gravy”. But with anything there are struggles, it’s about overcoming them.

Stay Cool, Take it Easy!

good posts everyone.

keep it goin. how old are you?

is anyone 40+?

Thank you for the words of caution. I understand perfectly what I am getting into. I’ve read about how tough Forex trading is and how many many people get burned all the time. But I have decided I won’t let that deter me. I know the majority of businesses fail too, but I have been successful in running my internet marketing business, against statistics, against all odds because I put in the sweat to make it work. If the same can’t be done with Forex, then why would anyone waste their time with it? I will be a smart and patient trader, I will make it work.

To answer your question of if I believe Forex trading will make me rich, I will say yes, it will help, when I learn how to have more profits than losses. Adding an extra income stream will always help. I know I will most likely lose a lot of money in the beginning, but that’s part of earning my stripes. I lost a lot of money in internet marketing before I started making $XXX/day in profit. I’m sure the same is true for Forex. In short, I am up for the challenge.

A ninja never reveals his age. :smiley:

Ninjas don’t reveal much of anything do they? :stuck_out_tongue:

A 29 year old Aussie bloke and totally relate to TopGun’s comments.

You a grandpa?

I’m 39!

wow dad ur gettin old, (cough cough):eek:

im 14

:stuck_out_tongue:
:cool: