What is your favorite technical indicator?

I’m curious what some of your favorite indicators are for totally technical trading?

The candle sticks. Whats yours?

same lol

i’m working on a trading strategy based only on candle sticks. so to keep it really simple. if i use to many indicators i confuse myself lol. i only put a lot of indicators on my chart if i want to look really smart.

Price. Simple and easy.

I like the simple moving averages only, thats all, nothing else. Sounds like a commercial doesn’t it?:slight_smile: Maybe Comtrex? or Contact?

my favorite indicators are Stochastic (lot of them), MA, 50/00 level, Bolinger Bands, candlestick.

:wink:

I use MACD and Stoch.

candle/trendline/MA

enough!

My favorites are Bollinger Bands and Moving Averages. Never leave home without them :smiley:

MAs, MACD, RSI, bollinger bands, stochastics. Occasionally dabble with parabolic SAR and pivots for working out stop losses. I like the Williams%R as well, but more for options then forex.

[B]
No Indicator is batter than Stochastic , P-Sar Dot’s & Moving Averages:D
PipHacker!!![/B]

I don’t think any one indicator can do the whole job all by itself. I think bollinger bands, RSI, and stochastic work well together… occasionally throw in MACD.

[B]Yepp!!!
If your entry signal is based on combination of Different indicator’s then It may do good job for you…
PipHacker!!![/B]:smiley:

I think the 200 period EMA (exponential moving average) is possibly the most important dividing line between the bulls and bears in technical analysis :cool:

Slow Stoch, Macd, Rsi for pressure of move, candlestick with SMA (price), bollinger for announcements (non farm payrolls).

3 or 4 must line up and entrance is at 10 second chart. Never ever go against the 1 day chart if a swing trader style. you’ll regret it. All days 1-5 days max. Out by Friday at noon.

Hope this helps.

The one that is never wrong.:smiley: Hmmm… which I don’t think anybody has come up with it yet.

I like the HEAT indicators.

I like all the colours!!

By the way, what are those [U]other [/U]indicators doing on your chart? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Are you asking about the multi meters?

Candlesticks are #1 for me, if all other indicators disappeared I could still trade with candles, even just watching for dojis on the H1 at the bottom or top of a trend, for a reversal signal. 200 ema is very useful on any tf for buyer/seller sentiment. And these 2 I have found, attached, are useful … one draws automatic trendlines, check it out … I use it mostly on the 15’ but good on any tf. The other one, the T3 is some sort of lagging ma, but check it out on the 15’ with the GBP/JPY: if everytime a candle closes above it you bought on the next candle open, or everytime a candle closes below it, you shorted on next candle open … see what happens :slight_smile:

MT4-Indicators.zip (11.6 KB)