Forex trading as a career? - Page 8
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    It seems that people are binary in their thinking - either full-time trading income, or permanent employee income.
    There are many industries where people don't get a permanent employment nor fixed regular salary. I'm an ICT contractor and do 6 months here, 12 months there. I have to manage my income to span every week - not just weeks I'm working.
    To me, trading would effectively be the same. You'll lose sometimes and you'll gain sometimes. As long as your overall position is cashflow positive, you can figure out where the buffers need to be and pay yourself a regular "salary" to live off regardless.

Giving up a steady job for something that is very 'iffy' is a poor choice to make. You should keep your job and try to fit in forex trading during the hours you aren't working. To be profitable in forex you need to do a lot of practicing or you will just lose your shirt. Get a professional to help you so you understand what to do. Take some courses. But never give up your job. Don't be hasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Energized View Post
    Giving up a steady job for something that is very 'iffy' is a poor choice to make. You should keep your job and try to fit in forex trading during the hours you aren't working. To be profitable in forex you need to do a lot of practicing or you will just lose your shirt. Get a professional to help you so you understand what to do. Take some courses. But never give up your job. Don't be hasty.
    Yeah totally agree with you. I would always prefer part time forex trading while working on a full time job

Quote Originally Posted by antoanete View Post
    I think forex trading is very fantastic, profitable and interesting. You can gain a big money if you encounter the best broker. Scalping is necessary.
    That pretty much the same as your post on another thread over in Newbie Island, I won't respond to both but just add my thought - I agree with all you say here other than the last bit. I know that some like scalping and make good money at it, but personally wouldn't consider it 'necessary'. I know a few guys who trade well who don't touch scalping.

And on the whole 'trading as a career' idea, that's a question that will always get different answers from different people. Trading as a sole or primary income-gaining activity is a lifestyle, so the answer boils down to more than simple income.

There is no question that successful trading can bring in a comfortable income, but whether one wants to walk away from a more conventional career job is quite a different question, with no universal, 'correct' answer.

ST

Quote Originally Posted by alanamc View Post
    Yeah totally agree with you. I would always prefer part time forex trading while working on a full time job
    Same with me , i make forex trading business as my side job and also the result of this job as my extra income so i can get money beside my main job as my full time in my real life

Quote Originally Posted by JJ6845616 View Post
    But before being a full time trader,keep in mind that the forex trading can sometimes be really boring.
    Really boring,Yes but you can make it interesting,it deals with the mindset,Some people find Maths boring while others find it very interesting...One man's meat is another man's poison lol ..I find Forex intriguing when you start gaining profits you would definitely find it interesting and would like to dig in more,it becomes boring wjen the losses start falling in

Quitting your day job to focus on Forex trading is a major decision. You need to make sure you can make enough for your living. If not, keep your day job and trade Forex for extra income.

I personally find FX far from boring. Of course its not for everyone. If you want to make it your primary source of income, you should make sure you can sustain your profit target each month.

I would first analyze how much you are truly making from your trading. Do you want to quit your job because you are profitable, consistently with your trading? You can be consistent but your profits may be a couple dollars a day. If you do a true analysis of your living expenses and can cover everything with trading then you could consider doing it "full time". But what is "full time" trading. For one, I would not want to sit in front of the screen for hours just watching the candlesticks being painted hoping to hit my profit target. Two, when do you consider yourself a professional or full time trader? This probably could be answered if trading was the only thing you did.

Forum Sponsors