Forex trading as a career?
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Forex trading as a career?

Are there anyone of you here who have thought of quitting your job
    just to be free to trade forex or do other online trading?

I am considering of doing this but I would like to know from you first
    and your advice.

Thanks.

Hello, well, that's what I did in last december, quitted my job where I was an economic analyst for a multinartional forest company and decided to get a full time forex trader. My recomendation is that you have be sure you can earn the money enough from this activity, it's perfectly possible but it's better to have practiced the long time enough with a demo account.
    In my case I've obtained mixed results but it's ok, I think I can do it better but more study and practice is needed.
    Regards from Argentina

Quote Originally Posted by geline View Post
    Are there anyone of you here who have thought of quitting your job
    just to be free to trade forex or do other online trading?

I am considering of doing this but I would like to know from you first
    and your advice.

Thanks.
    My final goal is to trade full time. Right now I'm still in school and trading part time. I actually started making profits a few months ago after a year of trading, and I hope to have enough capital by the time I graduate to support myself, or even just work full time in my field of study and then build up a good capital base whereby I wont have to worry about making money.

But I've heard its really hard psychologically to go to full time trading because it is your only source of income and if you do a few big bad trades you might to have anything to eat that month :P so you gotta make sure to take risk management very seriously and to have enough money in the bank to last you at least 6 months worth of expenses

This thread was made in 2006 guys.

Quote Originally Posted by ClarkFX View Post
    This thread was made in 2006 guys.
    But the question is still fresh!

Quote Originally Posted by JJ6845616 View Post
    But the question is still fresh!
    This question is not only fresh but also very prominent query of each trading/forex forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Haley12 View Post
    This question is not only fresh but also very prominent query of each trading/forex forum.
    Yes they can get repetitive!

There are people here who are part time and make a mess of it, losing lots of money, there are people here who are part time and make good money at it.

There will also be people who go full time and, for whatever reason, it does not work out for them, just as there are others who are full time and make good money at it.

The thread was started over six years ago and OP is now banned, but I would simply urge anyone reading not to be overly defined by others' views, particularly those of a handful of random posters on a largely anonymous internet forum (and yes, I include myself in that!).

If someone feels that their results are good enough to have a go at going full time then try it, obviously it can work out fantastically well. If it does not work out, at least you tried.

But to be influenced in that decision by such a small number of responses would be lunacy.

Trading works so will, therefore, work as a full time option for some. For others it will be a costly lesson in their own limitations. It's like most things in life!!!

So the threads repeat, but hopefully the ones like this don't influence people's decisions too much.

ST
    Last edited by SimonTemplar; 08-07-2012 at 09:05 AM.

yes. forex trading as a career in 2006 still same as a career in 2012 and in 2018.

Personally, I think if you focus and trade consistently, you can trade forex as a career

Quote Originally Posted by sngerge View Post
    yes. forex trading as a career in 2006 still same as a career in 2012 and in 2018.

Personally, I think if you focus and trade consistently, you can trade forex as a career
    But before being a full time trader,keep in mind that the forex trading can sometimes be really boring.

I don't know about anyone else, but personally I find forex to be everything BUT boring.

I don't think I could ever find forex boring, its just such an intense world and it encompasses so much that I don't think forex trading can be "just a thing I do on the side" but it has to be a complete lifestyle. so yeah, I don't think its boring :P

Forum Sponsors