Guru of the Forex World

Hihi… this is my maiden post :o

for stocks investment, the most famous guru is Warren Buffett… [B]is there an equivalent in the forex world?[/B] i’m interested to read up more about this guru, is any…

The biggest players are the central banks, then hedge funds and then individual traders.

N

A lovely, and original question for this forum. A refreshing change from all the usual stuff.

Well, I know one thing. The guru is definitely not me! :stuck_out_tongue: :frowning: :smiley: :cool:

But yes. Who is it?
And why has this question not been posted before??

The obvious answer would be Soros in terms of high profile and highly profitable. He’s not as relevent as he used to be in the market, though. Forex guys tend to be much lower profile and/or more macro players not just working the forex market. You can read the Market Wizards books for some ideas.

Keep in mind that Buffett is a value investor, which is only one particular style of stock trading. A lot of folks don’t really look up to him as an idol because they operate different.

Bill Lipschutz is another whale in the world of currency trading - he was featured in Jack Schwager�s book, [I]The New Market Wizards[/I], and was a superstar at Salomon Brothers during the '80’s.

Bill Lipschutz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Is sure aint me…

It’s mytwopips!

Oh wait… Posted that one about 10 years early.:smiley:

Or maybe it is Exxon. They trade the exotic gas/mydollars pair and are making a killing.:slight_smile:

Yes, I think its Soros too.

in the next two year i shall be one of the greatest forex trader.
planning big:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

[B]Soros[/B], hands down. All time great.