Intuition

I got a question for those who have traded for quite sometime, have you tried deciding on your trading on the basis of your intuition? It just came into my mind that intuition sometimes affects the way we decide and do things. Have you? For those who are new to trading, is there a possibility that you are going to use your intuition above your checklist of market trends?

Being a woman, I always listen to my intution and I wouldn’t wonder if one day, I would listen to it more than what I think would be better. However, I just don’t know if it will be better to use it and if my intuition is really worth noting. :slight_smile:

It is hard to listen to intuition, I don’t believe that it helps a lot in forex ???

I have generally found that every time I listen to intuition, the market goes exactly in the opposite direction.

I think you have to earn intuition. By earn it, I mean that you should have plenty of experience. As with anything, the more you do something the better you get at it. After trading for a long time, you’ll begin to get a feel for the market rhythm and sometimes it will go against what the rest of the market is telling you. I’ve had this feeling a few times and I’ve gone with my gut and it’s helped me out alot. Trust yourself but at the same time, make sure you know what you’re doing :slight_smile:

I think that’s right. The more you get to know about the Forex, the more you fight with it, the more you get the ‘intuition’

I haven’t got it yet. I sometimes think I’m the only trader when, for example, I’ve entered long on the EUR/USD and straight away the chart happily wanders off in the opposite direction!

I’d have to say Intuition in with your trading. Danger Danger. I’d like to leave intuition to some of those life choices you need to make in a life or death situation. I do believe the better one knows thy self, the more they can read into themself, but again intuition and trading seems to much like gambling, I’d rather know foresure what i’m getting into. Thx

alright now I’m confused…

I’m pretty new here, But wouldn’t going with your intuition be against everything we’ve learned here (at babypips)?

I mean, the basis of psychological analysis is to go with your system and be disciplend to it, regardless to what you “feel”…

if your indicators show one thing and your feeling shows another - shouldn’t you stick to the system?

Intuition, psycology, thinking…

pretty deep stuff.

Take a chart, Look at it, Observe what price is doing, It tells you where it has been & where it is presently, Let what you See guide your actions . If it is not clear it might be best to stand back until it becomes clearer.
Fortunately most people like us do not have to be in the market all the time. We can choose to participate when it is to our advantage. (might be the only advantage a person might have, I’d be careful not to throw it away)

p.s. maybe what I am trying to get at is if you are using intuition then you really do not have a system.