Difference Between Live and Demo

Hi everyone! I’ve traded demo for five months now religiously. I’ve had phenominal results and I use a conservative MM system. I just funded a live account today. I also have a work at home job so I’m able to monitor my trades all day. I’m excited about tonight’s and early morning’s great news releases for gbp, eur and usd. I plan to stick to my system that has been so good to me the last five months. My question goes out to the veterans and also people that may have just opened a live account in the last month or so. Other than paying commissions and keeping a sharp eye on the swap, what is the major difference to be prepared for when you first switch from demo to live (and don’t say real money;) Thanks in advance for your input. Pipbull!

Nothing is impossible to the man who will try. Alexander The Great.

The emotions. Definitely. They are a lot harder to control with real money.

The emotions of greed and “oh s**t!”

Besides what you instructed not to say, I would say nothing at all.

Good luck.:slight_smile:

Wait until Monday to start trading.

Besides what you instructed not to say, I would say nothing at all.
Ditto, just do not change a thing, but of course when the
sh*t hits the fan you will.

I wouldn’t even say I started doing the things you said when I went live… I don’t really care about the swap rate, and I don’t pay commissions.

Demo Account - Have a good day trading, get a good night sleep.
- Have a bad day trading, get a good night sleep.

Live Account - Have a good day trading, get a good night sleep.
- Have a bad day trading, take a shot of your favorite hard liquor, get a good night sleep :slight_smile:

After all…dont trade money you can’t afford to loose

Happy Hunting :slight_smile:

That was a very effective answer [B]Mtandk0614[/B] !! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

if you even have to ask that question maybe you should stick with trading a demo.

No difference if you treat it as being real…i still lose money in both

Your bank account.

Emotion can make or break you.

Don’t you mean “Emotions [B]WILL[/B] make or break you.”?

I personally had a bit of trouble with fear and greed my first few days… My first trade went well, my next few trades didn’t because I got emotional about it. Fear is a usefull emotion – but not when trading… Same goes for greed but I’m not sure how usefull it is.

Put faith in your system and keep everything emotional in check as best you can.

I’m up 40.7%. I wired 1300 usd Wednesday of last week, started trading thursday of last week and as of the close yesterday I’m at 2193 usd. I kept everything the same from my 5 month demo experience. I was nervous for the first couple of days, but I soon realized that the more research, tips from experts, keeping track of news schedule, asia closing, commodities prices and not going against the trend, the trades ended up doing what I wanted them to do. I know you veterans out there are saying, “just wait for you to start losing and then come back and talk to us” I know I know. But right now, it feels great. I also longed eur/usd 1 minute before the close because I noticed a beautiful hammer followed by a doji on the 4H. it started gapping and it will gap long at least 40 pips on the open Sunday. s/l and t/p are in place if I’m wrong. usd/jpy closed 4H on a doji, but I didn’t short for the Sunday open. I stayed out. I have to take naps through out the day because I trade news through the night to morning. My body feels like crap from it, but I’m making great money so to hell with rest. Happy trading everyone. Pipbull!

Nothing is impossible to him that will try. Alexander The Great.

Congrats on your first week.:slight_smile:

Be careful though, that’s a little too good. It can go the other way.

Anyways I know you don’t want to hear that, so congrats again.:wink:

[QUOTE=PIPBULL821 Nothing is impossible to the man who will try. Alexander The Great.[/QUOTE]

The man who always tries, accomplishes nothing. - mastergunner99

I am very impressed keep up the work and become a permanent player.

yes actually i agree with u ( makemoneyordie ) that there is no difference if u treat it as real …but ofcourse demo account is not risky as the live account… and its preferable to open it for the people who don’t like adventures :stuck_out_tongue:

Congrats Pipbull!
Hope everything will go well for you as long as you stick to your plan regardless of your emotions.