5% a month in forex?

It can be possible but not for beginners, it need experience and knowledge to achieve the same.

Unless you take unnecessary risks, overtrade, and behave very naughtily with your account, then there is no reason why you could not make steady profits… You cannot expect the SAME AMOUNT every month, so that 5% may be the average over a year… Some months you may make less… or more, depending on circumstances. Also, if you trade on automated systems, you may be less able to intervene if the market environment changes, or, if you trade part-time (because you have a job that has nothing to do with Forex trading), it may be that some days you just have to give trading a miss… Also, take into account holidays etc. and times where you are not able to trade or monitor existing trades. So do not get too stuck on a fixed number, which does not mean that you should not have a plan, but it is better to close each day in the money than not, and if that means earning less per day because it is safer and more consistent, than screw the 5% and play safe. At the end of the day, we all know that it is always the tortoise who wins long distance races, rather than the hare. . . BUT if you are on to a winner, scale in your positions accordingly, and enhance your wins, with the appropriate safeguards (stops)… Going over your target, for a good reason, is not always a sign of recklessness. Opportunism must have a place in a trader’s plan… be flexible, see what is in front of you, do not be a sucker to rules for the sake of rules. Having better wins on a high-volume, high-volatility day, if the trend is certain, is not gambling but sharing in the feast with the million other traders… That the 5% target has been breached means nothing, if you know your risk and you can afford to aim higher at any one time.

And remember that I am just new to this game, so I am just saying these things because I have probably not been burnt yet :slight_smile:
But seriously, just go out there and try your methods, strategies, systems, whatever you have, and see what you can make every day, then review it after the first month, then after two months, and so on… Draw your own conclusions and then come back with what YOU think is the best average target, YoY and MoM (Year on Year, Month on Month), according to your risk tolerance, account size, time spent trading, and trading style.

GOOD LUCK…
Trust Your Instincts, and…
Happy Trading!

Why did you necro this thread? The OP asked in 2006. :17:

5 %/month is possible in forex. Some trader can earn 5% daily it’s depend on your forex strategy.

5% a month is nothing. Its very easily achievable in Forex trading. I have often doubled my accounts in 3 months so thats around 33% a month. Thought that involved significant risk. You can easily make 5% a month with taking very minimum Risk.

Really. Would love to see some account statements.

So do you run a hedge fund? 5% per month with minimum risk, wow. Your Sharpe ratio must be through the roof! What is it, 3x the S&P 500 benchmark?

You must have investors fighting to the death in front of you to have you manage their capital.

[QUOTE=“jadd806;629159”] Really. Would love to see some account statements. So do you run a hedge fund? 5% per month with minimum risk, wow. Your Sharpe ratio must be through the roof! What is it, 3x the S&P 500 benchmark? You must have investors fighting to the death in front of you to have you manage their capital.[/QUOTE]

It’s very possible in fact I was talking to my trading coach and he told me he was up 25k 2weeks ago if a few hours anything is possible all it takes is hard work and dedication , @ just because your not making 5% yet Doesn’t mean it’s not possible and doesn’t mean you need to start demanding account statements like anybody needs to prove anything to you

When ever people seem to be profitable or seem to be having some success there’s always people demanding proof like it’s impossible or something there’s tons of profitable people making way more than 5% they just don’t go bragging about it because they don’t need to
Hard work and dedication that’s all it takes it could

This gentlemen right here his first 2 years trading turned 1600 into 1.7 million just trading gold and silver

Like again anything is possible

[QUOTE=“Libertysilver;629180”] It’s very possible in fact I was talking to my trading coach and he told me he was up 25k 2weeks ago if a few hours anything is possible all it takes is hard work and dedication , @ just because your not making 5% yet Doesn’t mean it’s not possible and doesn’t mean you need to start demanding account statements like anybody needs to prove anything to you When ever people seem to be profitable or seem to be having some success there’s always people demanding proof like it’s impossible or something there’s tons of profitable people making way more than 5% they just don’t go bragging about it because they don’t need to Hard work and dedication that’s all it takes it could http://youtu.be/dpH_iiwg-C4 This gentlemen right here his first 2 years trading turned 1600 into 1.7 million just trading gold and silver Like again anything is possible[/QUOTE]

I’m pretty sure $1600 to $1.7mill is more than 33% a month

Woo hoo! He told you he made 25k in a few hours. Well that’s it folks. Undeniable evidence right there.

[QUOTE=“Bigdiddy999;629193”] Woo hoo! He told you he made 25k in a few hours. Well that’s it folks. Undeniable evidence right there.[/QUOTE]

Weather you believe it or not idc like I have nothing to prove either you make money or you don’t simple as that , don’t be negative towards other people because your not successful ,
Your Undeniable evidence is in that YouTube link right there , you gunna comment on that YouTube video & ask to see his account statements he turned $1600 into 1.7mill I’m sure he had days where he was up 30k+

Lol yes. YouTube video. More undeniable evidence.

[QUOTE=“Bigdiddy999;629195”] Lol yes. YouTube video. More undeniable evidence.[/QUOTE]

Success is not impossible , they only one holding you back is your self , that’s best advice I can give you ,

& everyone has there own definition of success
, Success to one person can be making 100k in 2days and success to another person can be making 1k in 1week like it all depends on you and how hard you work to achieve your success ,

I’m not holding myself back nor do I need advice. Thank you though.

I do not think one can profit constantly 5% in a month. It is possible for a trader to make 100% profit in a day. But it is too tough. I think the man who told you about it, may be he or she controls some or one PAMM account. He will trade with your and his capital and as a expert trader he has less probability to make loss in market for a month.

Yes it is achievable and you can definitely get the profit about 5% in a month. But to make this profit you need hard work,lot of practice ,knowledge and skills about Forex.

It is definitely possible to achieve 5% or more a month in the Forex market. If you’re new I just learning about Forex you should start making your first 5% in about three years.And that’s if you work hard and study hard.

Yep, It can be done, I do it all the time.

To achieve 5% consistently you simply need to know what you’re doing and control your emotions.

I must say 5% consistent profit s quite enough for any trader, hoping one day he will make some good percentage. It is better than loosing money in forex in attempts of getting high profit . I would be happy with 5% to 10% profit made from my investment.

5% from $1000 and 5% from $10000 are different things, but still I think it’s a good sum. Especially if you are new to trading. It’s nice that you see the real things and don’t hope to earn 300% at once as many novices do.
Better to keep calm, to cope with emotions and to make logical decisions. You’ll make it!

Depends on a lot of factors.
What is your win/loss%?
How much are you risking per trade?
What is your average profit?
what is your average loss?
What is the frequency of trades?

I have one account where
largest risk is 2% (stoploss)
win/loss raito is 78%
average win 0.8%
average loss 0.5%
average trades 25 per day.