Stocks or Forex?

I have tried the demo accounts of foreign exchange and it glued me on the screen for the most number of hours in a day.

I was just thinking if anyone of you here has experience in both stock trading and foreign exchange as I have observed that perhaps it is better to be on stock trading because you don’t have to spend much time on the screen compared to FX.

Stock trading seems to be a system that doesn’t cost you much time. But then, consider the time that you are going to do to study about it, it might be more time and effort consuming than studying forex. As for me, I just read a little about forex, and now I am learning through the free demo accounts. You learn by doing. In stocks, guess, you have to invest right away.

I agree with Geline but I prefer to do both so that I will also learn more and then decide which one I am going to concentrate more or continue learning on both.

The school section has a lesson that compares Forex vs. Stocks and Futures. I think its under the first lesson. That should lay out the pros and cons of both and help you understand the differences.

I have experience on both stocks and Forex. For me the time spent on both is the same if you really want to make money, making money on anything you really have to put in the appropriate amount of time . Since i live in the west coast of USA i need to do the Forex, this way i have most of the day for me.

I don’t know why you have to do forex, but that is besides the point. I think traders should trade where they feel most comfortable and make the most money for them. Some accomplish this in forex, others in equities.

In forex you only need to specialize in a few pairs
Forex vs. Equities | Forex Wise Guy

You can say the same about equity trading.

Just because there are thousands of stocks/shares to speculate on/trade, doesn’t mean you have to trade lots of them. You can specialize in say 5 companies and research them inside out, or 1 like Apple for example

It’s probably already been discussed but you can just trade higher time frames in Forex to reduce your screen time. I trade the daily charts primarily and spend about an hour a day, five days a week actually analyzing and looking for opportunities. I chose that higher time frame specifically because I have other things to do and don’t want to be staring at charts for multiple hours a day.

If you decide to look into it- be aware that not every strategy applies cleanly to every time frame. Make sure that the strategy you are interested in or using can be used on higher time frame charts successfully if you’re using one that is appropriate for lower ones.

well you can do both…just a few forex hours daily and the rest of the time you can study some fundamentals for your stock trading

I agree. It appears that some traders think they have to trade them all just because they are available.