Another Beginning, The New Beginning

I am starting this thread for my own purpose, which is to make myself responsible and accountable for my actions. By posting my trades i hope that i will take responsibility for my trades…which i have not been doing:eek:

My first post is the a summary of my results last week ending the 3/10/08, which resulted in another Marging Call on the 3/10. Despite the marging call i still managed to win/make 1500 pips for the week but my losses were more than that.
So it is obvious i am over trading, i did not place stop losses and i was waiting and in the end praying for my trades to swing around.
I realise my mistakes, in fact i was aware of my short comings prior to this latest episode. The fact that i repeat my mistakes is the concern and is the reson i am here - It is time to be responsible god damm it!!!. So for now i am just hoping, yes just hoping for a start, that this thread will make me responsible for my actions, as i will post every trade i do here…so here goes

By travpip at 2008-10-04

[B][/B]One trade placed during asian session, there lunchtime, just closed out the start of london session.
3 lots, only micro:mad: opened at 184.42, stoploss placed at 185, despite opening with big gap down, the indicators where pointing towards further movement down, so opened order and went back to work. Was unable to monitor trade, as laptop battery died, got home and closed the order at 182.
So no more trading till tomorrow now.
ok. my hands are tied

By travpip at 2008-10-06

By travpip at 2008-10-06

I think shall be more cautious!and don’t do dangerous steps.it’s important to have your own strategy and to have good knowledge of fundamental and technical analysis.:):):):cool:

By travpip at 2008-10-08

still over trading, and got bit greedy on one trade which ended up biting me back. Lived to fight another day. Hard to trade, whilst working me day job

By travpip at 2008-10-08

should be more patient, wait for the momentum and the volume. In the end the we came out on top.
Good Day :smiley:

By travpip at 2008-10-08

trying to do no more trades till tomorrow now

Quite good theme for beginners, thanks.

[B][/B]
By travpip at 2008-10-08

[B]What a disaster![/B]:(:o
I was not trading, i had closed off for the night, my time, morning New York time. I just had the laptop and the chart program open whilst sitting back watching tv.
Then gbp/jpy started falling then i quickly logged in and for the next two hours i made…[B]ALOT of TRADES[/B], just chasing my tail like a stupid…
Back to the square one and pain.
You can be too desperate, really i am desperate, and my desperation is what is killing me. I should of been waking up with a smile.

Hi. I might suggest a book to you that I am currently reading. It is called “The Disciplined Trader” by Mark Douglas. It might help you exercise some of your inner demons - that we all have by the way. You at least talk about them. A step above most.

I suggest the same book…maybe spend some more time reading and alot less trading…try Tharp to and learn how to position size…and manage your risk levels…think you might need some dedicated time to trade and start thinking of this like a business…either get serious about this or your just going to keep losing your money and if you want to do that…you can just wire it to my account…i gladly accept all donations…good luck and remember you got to focus on what your doing and you got to get all the emotions out of what your trying to do…and by the way what are you trying to do…do have any real objectives to what your trying to accomplish with your trading