Technical and fundamental

Hello!!!
I just want to know which one is the best for you, if technical or fundamental analysis. I also want to know advantages or disadvantages of this.
And if you want you can tell me some strategies with this
Thanks a lot

tara25cruz

The fundamental analysis and the technical analysis are different worlds.

Both are good according to the circumstances.

Everything depends on the type of trading that wants to fulfil the trader.

I think than the fundamental analysis is more powerfully that the technical analysis at the moment in which there is announced important economic news that offer results different or very different from the predicted ones.

For example, an hour before of to knowing the decision of rate of interest for the Bank of England, the crossing GBP/JPY can show clear signs of BUY according to the technical analysis, but an hour after the Bank of England announces a reduction of 150 bp to his rate of interest and the value of the pound collapses.

In other words, if you are going to do trading on the basis of the technical analysis, you must be attentive to the calendar of news economic to know that risk traversing these in case of an unfavorable news for the currency that you buy or favorably for the currency that you sell.

Regards

Dear dear it depends on the way you trade. If you’re a long term trader or not. Actually I prefer using fundamentals, and as you might guess I’m a long term trader. Also because I like to read every type of news, more I they have to do with Forex. Indicators don’t work for me, I hate to interpret and to be under the pressure of a thing that almost never works, remember only my opinion.

long term!!! that’s risky thou! by keeping an order opened for months you gotta have guts for sure. But what i really do not understand how do you trade if you think indicators are not your thing. It is impossible to trade without them!

I also think that due to the market’s situation on these days being a long term trader may cause you a little pain my dear. Volatility would cause a great harm on your pocket, however I read that some traders have been going well with this, I honestly doubt of it, but who knows. I think both type of analysis are helpful even if you use one more than the other, believe both would help you a lot when placing your orders.

for myself I don’t trade fundamental or news, this is because I am at a disadvantage. The public is often the last to ehar the news.

I trade price action and candlesticks, technical if you will. This allows me to ignore news and stay away from red news while still making the pips I want with minimal exposure.

Well I totally understand your point of view, it makes a lot of sense not to become a long term trader due to the volatility of the market on these days and also because the news you’ll work on are actually not so true. Plus as Balto said the public is the last thing the news gets to. But if you’re a good analyst you may make up a good trading plan. The problem I see on actual times with the market is that everyone wants to get a big slice of the pie a soon as possible. Patience is what, as I see it, is going to take you far on this business.

suggestions:

short term

Use the 15M TF
Bollinger bands and 15 EMAs to confirm the channels.
take care of the last 5 candles before you open the position.

Long term

Use the 4H TF
Candles, MACD, and %R to see the momentum that is better (for you) to enter.

Hi there. I would say that both, technical and fundamental may be complementary. In fact, you cannot be blind in your economical environment because if you are trading, you are in there and most of the technical results, no matter which strategy you use, may be consequences of what happens in the country economies around the world. Take a look at some economic events announced in lots of websites and take advantage of that for your decision. You could minimize your risks and you�ll keep at the same time informed
I�ll recommend you some websites to know which events could be profitable.
Adrian76

I don�t really use fundamental analysis as it is. I mean, I use some news events because I know that after some important news releases there are big fluctuations in the market so I can make myself some good pips if I�m aware of those. For a different trading style, long term trading, I consider fundamental less useful than technical because after news releases the currencies get back to �trend�.

I guess fundamental are good on long term trades, though news always affect the trend, so if you get to have updated news with fast execution I guess you could base your trade on fundamental. For me it has happened to be a good way to trade options.

I tend to lean towards Indicators as the fundementals are released to the big players first.

cheers

Themandownunder

Hello there!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Just passing thro while on holidays.

I will be back formally in February next year.

[B]I see that there are a lot of newbies here since I completed my work on this forum in November!! [/B] :smiley: :smiley:

There is no right or wrong on which type of trading you use.

If you are winning, then you are trading correctly.
If you are losing, then you are trading wrongly.

So whichever - fundamental, or technical - is for you to choose.

Some trade [U]dynamic analysis[/U], which is a combination of both.

I couldn’t have said it on a better way, there’s no point on stating one is better than another. That any of those work better for you and suits your expectations, doesn’t mean it is going to work for everybody.

hi everyone. I got confused cause some of you support the idea of trading in long terms using fundamental analyses and you also we must use technical analysis on the same conditions, I mean in long trade. I normally use economic news then I�m a fundamental one and fortunately I get some news from the broker which I got my platform. It helps me also as newspapers do. Adrian

Don’t get confused, it’s just that you can combine both analyses for better forecasting. So just give them a try and stick to the one that better works on your position whether long or short. Though is good to know you get fundamentals with your broker, which one do you use?

from my own experiences, technical is the way to go, even if specific news “appears” to move the trend for a day or a few — one finds the price always returns to its mean, as forex is perhaps one of the most “trending” of the trading mediums !

by using daily, weekly, monthly and yearly charts, one can pretty well define where things are going, and while it may be a bit difficult to predict the EXACT tp a year away, a good chartist will come close, and revise as the year passes.

the fundamental news, as we know it and not counting what caused the US dollar to rise, will create what can be described as a “blip” in the force, and that blip WILL return back to its origins once the traders have gone long and then short, playing and trading that news story — MORE IMPORTANT news, such as the US being offset by europe and all other countries problems, WILL alter the trend for a while, but even that will respond to the great “up and down” cycles that can be easily seen on charts.

where the technical then comes into play is picking your tp points in that movement, and then picking your short side tp when everything returns to earth !

NEWS to alter the trend, be it short or long term and TECHNICAL to see where to enter and where to exit !

for me though, its always technical, as i can study charts at any time, but I may not be awake when chairman mao dies !

It can be VISIBLY shown how much the traders are influenced by the technicals, simply by observing a currency price approaching key resistance or support — watch the wavering and the volume, and then watch the price move in the opposite direction — THIS happens because the traders are ALL watching the same technical aspects, so even if fundamentals were to be more important (which they arent) its all a self fullfilling prophesey when a price hits resistance !

enjoy and trade well

mp

[B][I]Within the great hall at Elfinore stands a wondrous coffer, precisely four cubits square and securely latched against the outside world. Inside that repository, shut away from impertinent eyes, abides many an intriquing trading secret garnered from around the world and over the ages !

As a child, i used to watch from the darkness as the secrets were debated and annotated by the elders. No one there held a single thought of my presence – BUT I KNOW WHERE THEY HID THE KEY !! [/I][/B]

Definitely Technical analysis is the one that gives you more information that helps you determine where the prices are going, you can indeed trade using only technical analysis and have high success probabilities while I wouldn�t in my craziest dream leave a trade up to my fundamental analysis. The importance in news to me is in the way they give you a panorama of the market and what�s affecting it.

Working with technical analysis these days have sure helped overcome my economical frustration due to the work I did on the past with long term trading plans. I still don’t get why during this crisis being a scalper is kind of a really good idea, as I see it of course. But I agree with hubble, working with technical analysis gives you higher profitable results. If you know what you’re doing.

I�d say it is because the markets are too volatile and a lot of people is paying much more attention to shorter time frames rather than longer.