How can you consistently win in the FX using Technical Analysis? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    266
    Quote Originally Posted by pristen View Post
    and don't try to see what you want to see on a chart.
    I couldn't agree with you more.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    reno nv
    Posts
    3,460
    This thread hasn't been responded to in almost 4 years, up until today.

    Why the thread dredge?

    It seem to be a pandemic these days.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,354
    Where is the problem? I don't see one. Yes, I was also irritated by those ole threads popping up at first. But frankly, isn't it a chance to read some stuff what is in here what would be off forever just sitting in the database and never read again?

    I for myself knew after a while that he did it and just an eye on the nick and I knew what I had to deal with and not clicking on it or maybe clicking on it if it sounded a little intersting.

    The solution for the issue if it would be taken as such would be to delete threads which weren't visited for a year or whatever time would be okay for most. Somebody to ban, just because he answers to threads even older ones is a little overregulation, no? You wanna go the path of the cftc now here in the forum as well? Then maybe after a while we would all have to go to offshore forums, lol ...

    It's a coin which has two sides. I mean my 2 cent coin here, lol.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    reno nv
    Posts
    3,460
    It's just bad forum protocol to address things that are years old.

    Not just this forum, but ANY forum board I've joined it's pretty much frowned upon.


    Most of them are just rehashed questions we've seen a million times anyway.

    I don't know about you, but I do read stuff on here all the time that is dated years ago. But there's just no point in reviving a thread, or replying to a member who is most likely no longer active.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Tang View Post
    It's just bad forum protocol to address things that are years old.

    Not just this forum, but ANY forum board I've joined it's pretty much frowned upon.


    Most of them are just rehashed questions we've seen a million times anyway.

    I don't know about you, but I do read stuff on here all the time that is dated years ago. But there's just no point in reviving a thread, or replying to a member who is most likely no longer active.
    Well, I can understand your point. I guess. It's just, to ban somebody just because he is acting different what somebody would expect to is in my eyes a little overregulation. Why not ask him for the reasons and is it really that annoying? That there are threads with almost the same or similar questions is not an issue of age. Every day somebody pops up here with the new holy grail of making a fortune in some days. Or somebody asks how much trillions one could make. While there are threads enough with answers. I guess that's just part of a forum. If you want to answer, you can. If you don't, you are free to ignore it. I click often at "new posts" and then there is also the info when the thread was created.

    As I wrote, just my 2 cents.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    reno nv
    Posts
    3,460
    Reviving old threads is usually just a way to get post counts up.

    Getting post counts up at BP allows one to start posting links.

    Posting links = spamming in most cases.

    So the banning isn't about being unfair, it's about preempting someone boosting their post count enough to post their "Forex Riches: $200.00 to $200,000,000.00 In 7 Weeks" sales crap.

    It's not about penalizing random noobs.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    170
    Attachment 16599

    Nice point, Chris.
    It is important that if you use indicators to make sure each indicator is not alike and they do things with varying capacities. In other words, the Williams Oscillator, MACD, stochastics are all oscillators. If those are the 3 you use, then you are dead in the water, because they will form a confluence just by their similarity.OTOH, you want a confluence.
    The pair I posted is the CHF/JPY. I have been saying for a few weeks this pair is getting ready for a plunge. This is the monthly chart, so it needs to be viewed in its context. The monthly has hit the top or an extreme of an SD channel. By looking to the left, we see the peak of the cloud as it is in the future. That can be constructed as R. Looking to the right, the cloud has leveled, which means in the future, at least a correction is due. The cloud is a state of equilibrium. The tenken and kijun have leveled around the area of the cloud, while the kijun is actually under the cloud. The stochastics is OB. A look at the weekly and daily charts are showing momentum still favoring a move north, which is the only thing holding thing holding the move south back.
    Regardless, once it begins, and considering all the indications on the monthly it is still expected for the move south to take the pair to a minimum of 90.04, which is the top of the cloud, and represents the median of price action, or its state of equilibrium.

    But, yes. A methodology is something that is highly personal. The indicators of choice are highly personal. In using indicators, the main thing to look for is a confluence of events or your very best indicators will lie to you.


    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJMan View Post
    Well, that is a basic thing that you have to understand about technical analysis, otherwise you will miss the whole point of it. The reason why moving averages or any other common indicators works, is because traders believe it works, so they use those indicators. For example, the 200 MA known as a powerful resisting/supporting indicator, and many traders set their orders near the level of the 200 MA because they learned that it has technical impact. Therefore the 200 MA becomes a powerful resisting or supporting indicator. On the same weight, the 145 MA could have the meaning, but everybody uses the 200 MA since that is what they learned. In other words, if everybody did not use the same indicators, or look at the same potential break up/down levels, the entire technical analysis system wouldn’t work.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Tang View Post
    So the banning isn't about being unfair, it's about preempting someone boosting their post count enough to post their "Forex Riches: $200.00 to $200,000,000.00 In 7 Weeks" sales crap.
    Wasn't that 7 months and not 7 weeks, lol? :P

    Frankly, I have no idea. I am no forum admin and don't like to become one. I guess they do their job great and better than at other forums here what I can see. If somebody comes up with spamming those posts get deleted very rapid.

    Plus then I have not seen this particular poster spamming with links. Maybe he just likes that old questions would become answered or whatever. I have no idea, that's why I suggested to ask him and not speculate. Speculation is something I do in the markets. Well okay, nobody is perfect, so I do it also here sometimes, lol. Just kidding a bit. However, if you ask him you will get why he did it.

    Please don't think I like it to be a contrarian other than in markets, lol, but there are also andvantages as I pointed out above. Some old threads might contain some useful info and if there would not be an answer this info would be lost.

    Well, back to optimizing my bot. You have a nice weekend!

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    PLANET EARTH
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by PrivateFX View Post
    There is no technical analysis or fundamental analysis strategy out there that will let anyone profit consistently.
    WRONG!!! DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You don't know what is out there~ Speak for yourself!!!


    People do not show what they can do openly all the time! If they did, markets will behave differently.
    Last edited by CERTAINTY; 10-13-2011 at 09:14 PM.

  10. #30
    well to consistantly win (or win constantly) on your trades is not possible. this is because there are Millions of ppl acting on the markets, and never are the same ppl doing the same trades twice. (each period is truely unique).

    the key is expectancy, you need to win more then you lose. this is why risk management is important. the key is having a system that gives an edge on the market, (wins more then it loses), its not about having an edge on any one person or peoples. the players in the market often dont have plans that allow them to make regular wins, (theyre wins are sparatic and low or neg expectancy).
    also there are many triggers, indicators, parameters, Styles, Timeframes, even entry / exit, and risk rules, that basically mean that few people are using one plan for trading, some people dont even stick to one plan. (usually result in poor trades). some do well, others dont, this is where you can get an edge on the markets

Forum Sponsors

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-16-2013, 09:01 AM
  2. How do you get back all the timeframes on a chart.
    By athlon in forum Newbie Island
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-26-2011, 05:31 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-29-2011, 08:20 PM
  4. How can I set 2EA on the very same pair?
    By melisky in forum Newbie Island
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-14-2009, 07:19 PM
  5. How can you trade and work full-time???
    By Pride in forum Newbie Island
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-05-2009, 01:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
"The man who never makes a mistake always takes orders from one who does."
Daisy Bates