Pivot points

Just wondering if anyone has any idea how you plot Pivot Points on an FXCM Trading Chart. The Charts seem to only allow you to look at a Pivot Point for the last period, or maybe I’m not picking this up right. I’d appreciate any advice on this.
Thanks
BARRY JOHN

Barry John,

Just saw your post from 2 weeks ago. If you haven’t found the answer to your question already, maybe this will help.

For pivot levels in FXCM’s MarketScope charts, using a daily candlestick chart as an example, click on the [B]icon[/B] (not the drop-down menu) labeled [B]Add Pivot Levels[/B] (near the right end of the tool bar). A small icon will appear next to your cursor. Click on any candle on the chart, and five pivot levels (R2, R1, PP and S1, and S2) [B]for that particular day[/B] will appear as short, color-coded horizontal lines.

You can change the settings to extend the lines to the left or right (or both), and you can change the lines and their colors, if you want to. To do this, go to File > Options > Pivot Level Options, and select what you want from the menu.

The horizontal lines marking the pivot levels will not be labeled with prices. To read the prices, overlay your cursor cross-hair on each pivot level, and read the corresponding price on the right-hand side of your chart.

If you click the [B]drop-down menu[/B], instead of the icon, you will be offered 3 choices. The first does what I described, above.
The second adds pivot levels to every candle on the chart. And the third adds pivot levels to the last (current) candle only.
(Note: if you have configured your settings to extend the pivot-level lines, selecting the second choice from this drop-down menu will totally obscure your chart with lines.)

For other time frames, the directions are exactly the same.

Clint

Pivot point trading strategies are used by the ‘big boys’ in the currency markets. The ‘big boys’ are the financial institutions and other big institutions with large treasury departments who trade in the markets. These groups of traders are the people that trade the biggest volumes in the currency markets and therefore the traders that cause currency prices to go up and down.