30 Pips A day Keeps the your money at bay

Am I correct if I say D is at 138.2?

Great analysis from all of you. Interesting ideas to put into practice.

Thanks for pushing this thread back on my radar!

Hello guys, Newbie here, just learnt about the gartley in school of pipsology and i noticed that the Fibonacci ratios described in this thread varies from what is taught in the school of pipsology. as this is such a wonderful pattern i intend to master , i will be very grateful for a mentor or someone to guide me make sense of all the data im processing at the moment and find a definite trend. Thanks

Read through the first 2 years of this thread and you should get a grasp of it…

DOES THE PATTERNS STILL OCCUR today?

The forex market is very volatile sometimes is slow others is fast it is very difficult to make 30 pips every single day but good luck on your goal.

TMoneyBags do you mean CD must be at least 100% retracement of [B]AB[/B] or [B]AD[/B]?I am asking this because in the image, if we are looking for a D point, then how do we make sure that CD is 100% retracement of AD?? [B]WHEN WE ARE YET TO FIND D[/B]

i beg to differ on that

I think that if you look at the monthly bases and work tour an average of 30 pips a day over all , is something to look at. However as Lavourah pointed out to do this every day is a task indeed.

oh i see, i think i concur with this. thanks for the break down tonyro44

are this patterns right?

1 Like

Markos I cant see your fibs, so I can not tell you if the D point you are projecting is accurate. The second chart (GBDNZD) wouldn’t be a valid pattern though because the B point extends past X.

Looks legit but GBP is more on fundamental factors now. Brexit and political uncertainty may bring many surprises which will completely change the picture.

Why are you limiting your trades to just 30 pips a day? Why not let a winning trade stay open and just set a stop at the 30 pips mark so you know you get it, then set a trailing stop and letting the trade just run … you could turn 30 pip winners into 100 pip winners with just that one change.

Just curious why you’re “restricting” your profits like that.

this is a butterly pattern right? or a fruit bat pattern…

whats the best pairs to use for a day trader?

Simply go through the thread from the beginning, questions as such are already answered within the first year’s posts, advanced techniques that are added to boost your performance and discipline are within the years that follow them.

If you have further questions, feel free to send me a private message :slight_smile:

Btw, look at the 30 pips a day a day thread like a book. You will than have a good concept of the trading world from the unified perspective of all that have participated in creating this thread.

Hello guys, I’m back and ready to continue contributing to the community. I have learned and grown a lot during my time away and feel that now is the right time to start sharing all the knowledge I have accumulated throughout the years. But unlike before where I would teach the basics and advance techniques of the markets, I will be showing you this year how to put everything we have learned together and make some profit :). As a result, you will be seeing live trading signals and analysis as in the past. For my convenience, I’m going to start posting tomorrow and leave yall with a thorough analysis of the markets on Sunday. Have a beautiful day :slight_smile:

Also… sorry for the broken images throughout these few months… “photobucket” held our photos at “ransom” and forced everyone hosting on their servers to pay a hefty yearly fee… I refused at first because of the ethics of how it was done… but realized that the info we have here is extremely valuable for the community and was inspired to come back and give again :).

1 Like

So… I spent the past 3-4 years analyzing the markets and fib levels thoroughly… I created a formula for the fibs we used on the regular and applied it to them and discovered the following fibs:

Here is the list of additional fibs I have added to my tool box: .118, .309, .441, .559, .6625, .7465, .836, .943, 1.136, 1.445, 1.809, 2.309, 3.445 (The Bold fibs are also used as CD projections).

I did so after noticing the price continued to fail on certain patterns by closing bellow the original convergence zone but always seemed to move as a fake out in certain pairs and instances.

All in all… the results have been tested… they work best on pairs with huge volatility. In addition, you can work with just these fibs instead of the standard ones and still find patterns that have completed and developed good with them starting from the 90s.

Also please note the two following fibs as KEY in any trading style that you are using that use the “Legacy” fibs.

A) 1.136 <= this fib tends to confirm whether a 100% CD point is legitimate or not after a closing bellow the 100% fib zone. The pip difference between the two is minimal and increments as with all else with the time frame it is viewed in. Taking a trade inbetween the 100% CD and 113.6% CD seems to be the best for yen pairs.

B) 3.445 <= This fib is a calculated extension to the 2.618 and has worked flawlessly in predicting key market trend reversals and continuations within the market. This by far has become my favored fib to use because of this case and the majority of my trades will be based off it. A break or respect of this fib point tends to indicate a movement similar to the XA measured in the corresponding direction.

In addition, the .118 Fib tends to signal the continuation or reversal of a trend. I do not use this fib for entering patterns. But it helps determine whether the market is creating a true swing or continuing… I will elaborate on this more thoroughly throughout the year as you see me progress within our trades.

I suggest that you download the fxcm app and play around with these fibs replacing all the old ones so you can see with your eyes the levels that are respected in the different markets.

Again remember, these fibs are basically the 50% zone in between the following fibs: .236, .382, .5, .618, .786, .886, 1.272, 1.618 2.0, 2.618