How often do FOREX markets trend?

I was wondering if anybody new how often FOREX markets trend
as a percentage of time?

For example, it is commonly quoted that stock and futures markets
trend about 30% of the time.

Do the FOREX markets trend a greater % of the time?

Anyone have the statistics on this?

Forex Trader’s Cheat Sheet From Quantum Research Management Group | Forex Echo

I will have much to say about this after my candlestick thread finishes this year.

But not just yet!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
My time is fully booked.

I think I will give the info at the start of next year!! :slight_smile:

I think Forex market is always trending, it all depends what time frame one is looking at. One minute charts tells one story, 1 hour charts another…

Forex

FE is correct. You can always find a trend in the market; most of the time.

Why do you need a percentage? I would say in that case, there is a good chance, the market is trending, in one time frame or another. The market is always favoring one side over the other, unless consolidated, or in a range, but even then that range could be within a larger TREND.

I can see a % for Stock & Futures as those markets are only open 7 hours a day, most of the action being early in the morning, or 7 hours a day before close, and they are smaller markets.

But you can look at a 24HR FX chart and see in every time frame where price is trending so I think it’s clear?

The market can become very null and void during consolidation. Consolidation is very easy to spot in the market. It’s a tight range of price consolidation or a tight range of candles. The higher the time frame the more accurate the trend or trend consolidation is, the more accurate the price action is, the more accurate your trade idea is.

But during consolidation, even a 1 minute can have no trend, and can just be gliding sideways in small, tight compact candles. You want to watch this because the market is at the point where it needs to make a decision. Does the price action in the candles that are consolidating favor a push towards the downside, or the upside? What was the previous trend and are we at a high or a low and what has the greatest risk to reward for us?

See even though price is consolidated and is moving sideways, it doesn’t mean it’s not trending!

i think the market is always trending, but not always up or down. there are horizontal trending as well, and you can make pretty good money from it.