My Trading Log

After 2 months of demoing, backtesting and comparing strategies ive finally gone live!

Ive just finished high school and im going to take a gap year to do things i wont be able to do in later life. As a hobby im going to trade forex and hopefully gain some extra money on the side. Im gonna try and create a similar thread to ultfrisbee’s thread in this section.

My aim is to take as much profit possable as my strategy will allow. Every Friday i will post results. I hope this thread can be an inspiration to new traders as a testament that you can make money in the markets (or you can lose all your money :D)

Id rather not give out my strat just yet as ive spend countless hours researching and perfecting it. If you have any questions feel free to post them in this thread!

[B]Trial Week:[/B]
[B]+ 4.08%[/B] on Account Balance

• 61.9 Pips
    3 Losing Trades (Average -8.3pips)
    2 Winning Trades (Average +43.9pips)

[B]Week One:[/B]
[B]+ 2.32%[/B] on Account Balance

• 18.3 Pips
    1 Losing Trades (Average -7.3pips)
    1 Winning Trades (Average +25.8pips)

[B]Week Two:[/B]
[B]+ 1.34%[/B] on Account Balance

• 5.9 Pips
    2 Losing Trades (Average -27.9pips)
    2 Winning Trades (Average +30.8pips)

Good job!

You must trade big lots if 60 pips net you 4%! But you seem to have tight SL so you won’t blow your account with 3-4 consecutive bad trades. Way to go! I’m slowly getting back in track but summer is sooo busy for me.

Definitely following you though!

Thank you Ultfrisbee! Youre one of the guys who inspired me to do this!

If I were to [B]take a Scalp[/B] with [U]$1000 Account[/U]

[B]Risk 2%[/B]: equal $20 Max loss because $20 is 2% of $1000.

if I am risking $20 and I want to use a 20 pip Stoploss than the Pip value must = $1 per pip.

$1 per pip = std account 0.1 lot

We take a scalp with 0.1 lot and we make a 10 pip gain. That would = 1% gain in equity from 1 trade.
60pips = 4+% = Scalping it would seam.

Trade Safe

I would have had a 100% win rate in the trial week, but i was testing out another strat which gave me three losses.

In Week One im only going to be focusing on one of my strategies. I am also going to up upping my risk/reward slightly. Hopefully it will be a good week!

Week One:

• 2.32% on Account Balance
  • 18.3 Pips
    1 Losing Trades (Average -7.3pips)
    1 Winning Trades (Average +25.8pips)

A good start to the week. Had one very successful trade Monday but missed out on making another 40pips (+5%) Tuesday morning because I was busy with work.

The losing trade i closed on Friday before the US fundamental news came out at 13:30. I didnt want to risk it seeing as I havent made that many pips this week.

Shorted gbp/usd…because it broke support on descending traingle then revered and got stopped out…this happened twice…is that usual?

Off to a very bad start this week. 2 Losing trades: One had my stop loss hit (-45.3pip loss) and another was a kneejerk close with -10.4pip loss.

Sideway moving markets can really hurt! Still have 4 1/2 days left to improve though!

Back in profit! The big loss monday did kick me back a bit but ive learnt from it and turned it around. Still 2 days left for this week so hopfully i can make some more money!

I know you don’t want to talk about your strategy (which makes your tread a bit pointless IMO…) but can you tell if you use indicators or go by price action analysis only?

I gave the reason for me doing this thread in the op.
I use both technical and fundamental indicators

Moving averages
stochastics
RSI
MACD
… etc

Week 2 figures up. Not a great week but its all profit! Had 2 big losses when SL was high and got hit. The losing traded had lower lots than the winning ones thats why only a 5.9 pip+ equates to a 1% rise.

My advice is to set up a separate demo account for testing. Never test in your good account. I take huge losses testing crazy ideas in my testing demo, but it never affects my good account. Happy trading!

I generally use moving averages and Alligator.
Sometimes japan candles.

Hey Mercia, so far so good, I have been following this thread for some time and your results look interesting.

I wonder if you would be interested in managing some funds from me plus, some of my rich friends HAHA

Cool beans. I’m a noob too so I’ll be following this thread. Wish u had put it in tha newbie section tho; I rarely venture outside of it. I’ll def try ta remember ta frequent tho. Happy trading:cool: