Marketiva

Hi,
I am new in the forex environment. has anyone tried marketiva yet? is it trustworthy? I am more used to the interface of Marketiva.

It’s fine. :slight_smile:
But I would still be cautious, there is not any registration info on the website, address, or phone.

Hi:

Marketiva was my first online FOREX broker. They are honest and easy to use. They not are well covered (insured, etc.) for loses though, however, they are up front about it. I liked trading through them and still would be, but when they found out I was a US citizen they asked me to go elsewhere.

When I signed up I stated that I live in So. Korea, because that’s what they asked me. However, at some point I let them know that I was a US citizen. I’m an active duty US Soldier stationed in So. Korea. They have a great live chat for customer assistance, which is where I let the news slip out without realizing it. So, if you want to trade with them you’ll need an e-gold.com account and will have to tell them that…ummm you’re living in South Korea, Germany or any place other than the USA.

LLH
Wannabe Day Trader!

-I also use Marketiva

-I live in Belgium (Western Europe) and I can have an account without any problems.

-They also accept wire transfers.

Hi Thx for the reply, which way is cheaper to get the funds up to the account in Marketiva, via e-gold or wire transfer?
Anyone knows e-gold traders in australia?

It’s cheaper to get the funds up via e-gold. It’s almost instant as well.
but then, it’s much secure to get funds up via wire transfer.
:slight_smile:

Hi Cinpo:

I don’t recall about the wire transfer. I know to send a wire to my current account at Interbank FX it costs $15 regardless of the amount I have my bank send to them. However, Interbank FX charges me $25 to wire money back to my bank.

The thing with using e-gold.com is you have to figure out how you’re going to get your money into e-gold.com. What I did was to setup an account at AlertPay.com. AlertPay.com is similar to PayPal.com and StormPay.com they are online money processors. Therefore they charge a percentage such as 3% to move your money for you. So, depending on the amount of money you want to move it will likely be less costly to use the wire transfer. Each of these companies state their fees.

This is how I did it; I’d go to my bank and get a cashier’s check for the amount I’d like to send and mail it to AlertPay.com. Once it would arrive, in about a week, I’d have AlertPay.com transfer the money to my e-gold.com account. Then I’d pay the money to Marketiva.com via my e-gold.com account. It’s not a crazy as it sounds, but does seem tedious the first time around.

Best of luck.

Use IceGold to fund your e-gold account. :wink:

hi guys,

regarding marketiva, u cant make withdrawal when u have an open position although u have enough sufficient balance ???

just for information…i now try to get familiar with oanda demo

thks

Marketiva registration number : IBC CAP.291 REG.NO. 646819, i don’t know this number mean, is it safe for me to trade with marketiva?
how do i know that forex broker is safe and legal?

Greetings gabroel,

Usually I would try to go with a broker that is regulated. I wrote a little blog post a while back that listed a few questions you should ask yourself about a broker before putting your hard earned money in one. check it out here: Broker questions. check it out! Also, we are working on new broker section so keep an eye out for that very soon!

Hi bestgpt7,

It has been about 5 years since I used Marketiva. For the short time I was with them, I thought my trades were executed in a relatively timely manner. However, in the heat of a big price move, when everyone else was also hitting their sell or buy button, there was a delay. All that became a mute point after a few days, because once Marketiva discovered I was an American they politely gave me the proverbial boot. They claimed that it was illegal for them to allow Americans to use the site.

Best regards,
LLH