NFP report

Hey who traded the NFP report and did you make any profit from it?

Everybody was expecting dollar negative data so I was long on EUR/USD and got stopped out.

Anybody make money on this one?

Quite a few people it seems!

http://www.babypips.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1983&posted=1#post1983

Regards,
E. Lang

I stayed on the sidelines, but would be interesting if it breaks below 1.2979 old top.

Hmm for me that was a test of patient.
I’m on USDJPY Short my enter point was on 03.01 - 119,44 “S/L- 119,90”.
I place second pending order short at 118,80 “S/L 119,20” When a price hit my target of 118,80 i move my S/L of first order to 118,90 and i make my risk zero. Then price move to a 118,04 i saw perfect opportunity get out with those 140 pips form order 1 and 86 from my second order and i know that NFP is coming and market will blow in some direction .It was hard.
Form 1 side i wish to swing trade.I wish to trade movemets that continies with days, from other side … that was 226 pips and NFP coming danger.
I decide to test my self since i put my risk to zero there is nothing to lose right?And as i wish to be a swing trader i have to learn myself to survive those news so i decide to stay.
I don’t tell you how i feel when NFP come and i get 100 pips aganst my direction …nearly eat my fingers :slight_smile: market hit my S/L of my first order and heding to S/L of my second one … but i was get all ready my 54 pips and in worst case if market hit my second one S/L i will still win 14 pips.But at 119,03 market get back in my direction and nearly go to 118,50 so thing become again normal and i move my second order stop lose to zero point of 118,80.
Did i make right decision next week will show me.
But i’m satisfy from myself that i didn’t let my emotion lead me once when i was happy with 226 pips and once again when i was panik from those 100 pips aganst me (while i have zero risk and 14 pips in worst case).

Please don’t laught at me and my newbie dramas :slight_smile:

Happy trading

Vladimir.

I don’t tell you how i feel when NFP come and i get 100 pips aganst my direction …nearly eat my fingers market hit my S/L of my first order and heding to S/L of my second one …

I think that’s usual :slight_smile:
This report every month scares me especially when I am running swing trades, and I do not want to close. But I am lucky, cause my trade was a GBPJPY short.

But i’m satisfy from myself that i didn’t let my emotion lead me once

Exellent that you don’t let your emotion control your trades.

Sure did…I’ll post my results shortly. I ended up making a profit on the NFP and the CAD Employment Change.

For all of you newbies trying to learn how to trade the NFP, here is a good link: http://forexdiamonds.com/video.php?video=010507_USNonFarm