Best Phone for Forex Trading on the go?

Hi peeps,

I want to buy a smartphone for forex trading on the go, can anyone recommend a good phone? I’ve looked up blackberrys but the screens too small and has fat chunky keypad. thanks for your help.

I like the iPhone. Clear, big screen with plenty of forex apps to choose from. Many brokers have a mobile app that’s iPhone friendly. Some, from what I hear, have alarms that alert you when price hits a certain level, although that feature may be broker-specific. If you don’t mind touchscreen (which you can get used to rather quickly if you do), it’s a great choice.

I use the HTC Sensation and Oanda. Screen’s bigger on something like the Sensation or Galaxy S2 compared to the iPhone plus they’re just better phones in general. Charting is not great with Oanda - you can just see the price action over various timeframes. But if you know your levels you want to engage at or just want to monitor when you’re out and about it’s all you need.

I’d seriously consider a netbook.

I second the iPhone, BUT the only app I’ve found that’s actually useful for trading is Dukascopy’s. The execution is instantaneous. It’s literally just tap, order done. All other apps are just too slow when executing orders. With those apps, it’s tap, then confirmations, then loading…, then finally your order is executed, but by that time the price you wanted has come and gone and you usually end up losing.

If all you want to do is check your account then your broker’s app (assuming they have one) should suffice.

I have an account with Alpari UK and use their metatrader 4 program at home. on their website they say their meta trader 4 is only available on windows mobile for time being. so what should I do? get a windows mobile phone or could i get i phone, download a general meta trader 4 app and just enter my alpari log in details, will this work?? I also added pivot points to my MT4 using custom indicators I downloaded from net, can I do this on a phone also?? thanks.

Hi.

I use the iphone and oandas app

It suits me just fine. As i do 99% if my trades on the fly with no indicators. Just look at the candles in different tf. Make my decision within in seconds and bam

For me it works quite well

Ron

MT4 mobile will not work on iPhone. It works with windows mobile platform.
MT4 mobile does not support custom indicators.

You move your MT4 to VPS (virtual private server) and access it from iphone or use chartsaccess Add-on to have access to your indicators on the go.

Regards,
Luke

Iphone for sure!!!

Pass on most of these phones the Iphone has a small data miner plus you should also keep in mind to API verify your phone as well.

From what I understand the API will act like a SSL I believe which it will ask for a code from your phone and its a long alphanumerical code that wouldn’t let anyone make an order.

If I had the money android. Can’t touch what I do on my phone unless I let them have root access

I use the iPhone and my platform ( FXCM ) app.

In general I don’t like the iPhone. The reception is garbage, constantly losses connection. I have several friends who suffer the same. FXCM app is quite slow, as mentioned in one of your other replies. Price you get is often several pips different from when you actually pressed the button. But I don’t know if that is the App’s problem or the iPhone.

Would I recommend the iPhone ? No. Why do I have one then ? Stuck in a contract for the next year !! Will I buy another one? Not unless the iPhone 364 is better than the Iphone 4.

Sorry I can’t recommend a good one but thought I’d share my thoughts on a bad one !

HoG

i love my iphone for trading. the screen makes it easy to see and the trading app works fine for me.

i personally use my iphone with the fxdd app and i dont have any issues. I compared prices with my laptop and there the same.I am usually on the road most of the day and i can access my account fairly easy.
good luck with your decision.

iPhone is the best my opinion for its wide screen which helps having a big look on your charts, trends, etc…

iPad is a great solution too :slight_smile: I dont have it but my friend does.

The iPad would be good I reckon, but I don’t think I would like pockets that big in my jeans !!

HoG

I have an HTC omagio its pretty good. My broker dont support my phone but I have an app called trade interceptor and it works really well but I typically dont trade on my phone

Then the iPhone is your best solution ;:wink:

Hoping for someone to reply this. Anyone use android? Any thought on Lumia 920?

Looking forward to the Lumia 920. Nice article comparing iPhone 5 and Lumia 920 (pre-release) here: Nokia Lumia 920 vs. iPhone 5: Which Smartphone Should You Buy? (VIDEO) - International Digital Times

I’m not sure of the apps available on Android, I know you can get MetaTrader4 on there but the new Samsung Galaxy S3 has a big 4.2" screen, probably helpful when doing something like that on it. I just can’t get my head around trading on a phone at all :eek: