Anyone have experience trading the Scandinavian pairs? Wild

EUR or USD crossed with NOK, SEK, or DKK. All of them have swings of thousands of pips in a very short amount of time, with the exception of EUR/DKK, which for some reason is a snoozer.

For those who have traded them, and are not so risk-averse as to avoid them, has there been anything you’ve noticed in their overall behavior compared to other pairs? Comments on GBP/Scandinavian crosses are welcome too, I’ve just yet to check those out.

NOK is seen as a commodity play, although they have tightened their oil exporting to keep income relatively constant as price has gone up so are slightly less affected by the risk on/off trading that has been moving markets lately.

DKK is seen as a EUR proxy as they have their economy more closely tied to their southern neighbour that to their former colonies to their north.

Not sure how the fundamentals affect the SEK as I have not lived there (as I have in Norway and have friends in Denmark)

I like USD/NOK on news announcements :wink:

I like to trade NOK when it hits extremes, it seems to get anxious and jump back towards more familiar territory, which can be good for a few pips. It tends to respect S&R lines pretty nicely on the higher timeframes, in my experience.