How much do you make? (poll)

Hello again. This is a poll thread, since I found out how to make one now :slight_smile: The question is the same - How much do you make per year from forex trading only? I hope to get more data this time :slight_smile:

Please state what currency your gains/losses are. For example if you live in the US your currency would be US dollar, EU is Euro…

I just wanna see some statistics of how profitable forex actually is, that’s all. My guess is that most make under 20 000 and negative.

I make maximum $15000 within a year. My prime trading currency pair is EUR/USD.

I believe if you are trying to establish profitability then an average yearly return on invested capital (in percentage) will be a better measure.
I have made a negative profit for the year(USD).

Percent return on capital doesn’t pay the bills so it’s not a good measure. An absolute amount of money pays bills and that’s what I am interested in. I don’t care if you make 1% or 80% return. If your income is $10000 then that’s the money you use to pay the bills. Just want to see how profitable forex is in reality. That’s all.

Well even though it is total cash made that pays bills. This will not tell how profitable forex actually is. Someone with a 500 usd account will not make the same as someone with 50,000 usd account. Even if the 500 dollar account make 100% and the other account only makes 1% they make the same at the end of the year.

Anyhow I am not in the red but I am no where near 20000. So it dont tell you much. Year is not over and I have started to get my butt kicked here as of late

I want to see the reality of what people are doing, not what people could do in theory. Many things work in theory but not in reality.

I just couldn’t resist.

I just recently started trading seriously, so far this month I made about 20% back on my investment… hopefully I’ll be able to grow the account to where I can live off it every month!

My fear is next month of course… ups and downs… next month I could lose 50%, you never know. I kinda hate that. :stuck_out_tongue:

This, some people like to talk about % when infact they are talking about $100 account. Alot of people can double a $100 in 1 month but not so easy when it comes to $1,000,000. Theory is the same but in reality it is not, you need steel balls to double a very large account in short time.

Like you said % doesnt pay the bill, $ does, you cant buy a dream car from a 100% made off a $100 account LOL.

Sour about life…

I am going to call bull s#!t if you can double an account you can double an account no matter how much money you got in that account. See to trade you must have margin and that margin is the same percentage of your account no matter what. See 50:1 leverage is 50:1 leverage no matter how many dollars are attached to it. The bigger the account the bigger the margin. But if you actually traded with real money you would know that. In fact it is harder to double a 100 dollar account than a 1,000,000 account in a month. With both you are way over leveraged. But at least one you have enough capitol to stand a chance in this pool of blood

Can you please mention these “alot of people” who double the $100 in a month. I may be able to learn a thing or two from them.

Presumably, doubling a $100 is theory…lol… OP has a lot more to learn from this environment

LOL

OP is asking how much you are making in $ and not the %, whats so difficult to understand?

Is it because in “some” cases it sound better to say it in % than in $?

If it were easier Ill sell my house right now, my car and put all my life saving and borrow some more if needed.

Next month Ill have 2 millions, then do it again next month and its gonna be even easier. I should be a billionaire very soon :cool:

lol if you want to sell you house and put it all in forex go ahead. I know I traded my way to a fairly decent amount. What I found was the more money you had the easier it was to grow a account while assuming less risk.

All I was trying to say is just stating how many dollars you made is pointless.

In theory you can make 100% in a month out of a $1,000,000 if you can make it with $100. But when you start using your own $1,000,000 your common sense will tell you it is not wise to double it in a month, all this theory of “I can double my money in a month” goes out of the window when such a large personal account is involved, unless of course you are very rich or a gambler. I highly doubt anyone is brave enough to do that here.

Anyway OP clearly want to know how much people are making in $ which pays the bill and not the %. If anyone want to talk about % they can do it in another thread, just for the fun of it I made 125% in one day which is as meaning less :53: LOL.

At the end of the day.

How much you make is typically based on how much real estate you have to make xyz. So to take a poll of how much people make without the most important variable “how much capital are you using” it’s really hard to answer the question above honestly.

IMHO.

FreeForexIdeas

myfxbook.com/members/inspiration/mt4-10254341/353293/1dfFWcqLWM7aP28QHfMx

This is supposed to be profit Tzrannosaurus,not loss,only kidding;):wink:

What is a successful trader? I have been trading for 8 months, started off making a loss for the first three months but now im averaging about ÂŁ100 per week, Does this make me successful?