Has anyone ever mentored an aspiring forex trader?

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has ever mentored a fellow forex trader on their way to becoming consistently profitable? I am considering moving away from my current city and job in hopes of maybe getting a job trading in New York or Chicago. Anyone have any tips on how to go about doing this or has anyone done this before?

Thanks!

I did make a brief search for Proprietary Day Trader jobs in London a while back but they seemed to be advertised few and far between. From what I saw, the few jobs available required you to go through their training school costing thousands before you became a properietary trader - it didn’t seem like the type of mentorship I expected.

It did occur to me that even if a hedge fund or whatever does not advertise their positions, you could still make a speculative application backed up with your own personal results. But then again, if you were consistently pulling the pips in and had the data to prove to a prospective employer, why would you even need to find a trading job (unless you just want to go for the social aspects of a working environment). It’s a bit of a paradox :confused:

Haha yeah trading is a very sad endeavour.

Kwyjibo,

I’m in the same position here. I was looking into prop firms in NYC but almost all of them require you to pay for training then they “might” hire you. I believe that it would be the fastest way to learn the ins and outs of trading if you surround yourself with profitable traders but a couple grand could be spent into making it on your own with your personal trading account.

you could pursue that path: trading on your own while waiting for a prop firm to take you in.