Forex trading journal software

Does anyone have a good software for keeping your trading journal? I tried babypips journal softwarebut I’m operating a Mac and the software is not compatible unfortunately. If anyone has any other ideas I would gladly appreciate your insight.

I just use word to input trade data. Things like time opened/closed, what pair, long/short, risk/target, and why I entered and how I feel about trades. At the end of the trade day I then go over all my p&l data and recall how everything went. Then I use excel to track p&l as well as hours, and finally, I snapshot my trade entry&exit.

this is what he is trying to do…lol

So anyways I use OneNote of Windows as it is easy to capture screens of before and after my trade to see how it all went.

However, I need some way to input data to get statistical information about a system’s performance. I suppose Excel could do, but is there not better dedicated software of website that deals with this?

Thaaanks :slight_smile:

Hi Bigd41190,

The best trading journal tools that I have ever used is myfxbook
It is a web-based, easy and convenience to use, and you can have options to either open your journal to public or keep it private to yourself.
You can view my trading journal example at myfxbook Error | Myfxbook
Hope this helps:5:

Yeah, Myfxbook offers superior trade analysis.

MeetPips should work, too, even with a Mac.
Just use that Windows emulation thingy for Apple machines.

If you prefer having a trade journal on your local computer, just google ‘trade journal spreadsheet’ … many people have developed rather effective Excel tables for trade analysis and offer them for free download.

Cheers,
P.

There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.
(Colin Powell)