Intraday trading time period?

Hello) Please tell me what is the time period chart intraday traders use ? Also let me know the most successful time periods for intraday trading which are proved to be successful.Thanks)

I use 1hr chart as price action tend to be more valid in this TF compared to the 15 mins or 5 mins…I hold position from 1 hr to 1 day.

I’m trying to move up to the daily TF but i get very bored when i do this. Naturally, i like looking at my charts several times during the day, i can’t help it , this is just who i’m.

I’m currently fine tuning my intraday system so as to make me consistently profitable, this will take time…

Yes i was expecting such sort of answer i also found 1 hour TF as the most suitable one for day trading.And yea i agree daily charts are pain in the ass for intraday trading((

4 hourly will give you a better idea of trading range, if you can work your money management and risk reward into this time frame might be ok :stuck_out_tongue:

Which time frame you use isn’t as important as how you use it :slight_smile:

You should practice using some timeframe correlation. For example, if I see an opportunity to go long on the 1hr chart, I’ll check the 4hr and Daily charts to see if they’re in agreement that a buy is reasonable. If the Daily chart is pushing against strong resistance or the 4hr has just posted a lower high, then the chances of the 1hr trade being successful are reduced.

Thus if I want to trade a 5 minute chart, I’d confirm with the 15m and 60m. For a 15m trade, the 60m and 240m.

Timeframe correlation is one of the most powerful tools to master, imho.

Agree with you on this. Higher time frames reduce high risk of taking false signals and provide clear market direction

All standard time frames, but the shorter the better.

My preferred one is 5 min chart zoomed out to maximum - that is like last week - balances information amount and how long time interval you see. The shorter the time frame the more edge skilled trader has.

1 Like

there’s no such thing as the "most succesful time periods"
each time frame can make you money
the time frame that a person chooses is up to him/her, but some strategies not work the same in different time frames
it’s up to you the trader to decide which tf for you to use
you can pick 1 minute, 5 minute, or even the tick charts to trade!!!
many pick longer timeframe, because they believe less whipsaw and of course less transaction costs (spreads)
i personally use multiple timeframes
super short trades = 15 min, hourly + 4 hour
short term trades = hourly, 4hour + daily
long term = 4hour, daily, weekly
using multiple timeframes allow you to see a bigger picture
for example, say you want to do a super short trade, you first look at the 4 hour to see if you want to go long or short (identify the trend), then you look at the hourly to find the setups but only in the direction of the 4h chart, then you look at the 15 min chart to pinpoint your entry
it all depends on you the trader, how long do you want to hold trades for???
for scalping maybe it’s 1min, 5 min, then hourly
in reality, success is determined by the trader and his strategy not by the timeframe
it depends on trigger happy you are, but realized this, some strategies that work on 1 timeframe will not always work the same with another, it’s up to you to test each specific strategy on the timeframes you like to trade!
it’s you who make it successful or not!!!

One way to find the best time frame for you is first look at you range from stop to entery to profit. If you wish to risk no more than 5 to 10 pips then look at 5m, 15m, or similars size TF. If you wish to risk no more then 25, 50 or 75 pips then look at 1h, 4h, 1D or similiars size TF. Like wise 100 or more look at Day, Week or Month. Time frame and candle stick size relate to to range of SL to TP. This is the way I use TFs.

As per my experience the best intraday trading strategy is scalping, I follow 1min or 5min time period over charts and close the position in seconds, also I use to see 4 hour chart to check if there is any breakout.
Scalping is easy to judge and most of the times market remains range bound so it’s good to scalp in range bound market.

When it comes to intraday trading I prefer the smaller time frames, from 5 minutes to 30 minutes, especially during sideways consolidations. However, one can see some pretty good signals on the 4-hour time frame as well.