Success Stories--Those without Harvard Education, Aweso Mentors, or Genius Intellect

Alright, So you find yourself looking through �Market Wizards� for encouragement and to get confidence that being a successful full time trader is a possible goal, but then�

You realize when you begin to do research on each of these Market Wizards, that they all have either an awesome intelligence, been to Harvard or other reputable colleges, sat under marvelous mentors, or have some other obvious edge.

Now I realize that these are the top .01 percent traders! They trade and make billions of dollars. So of course they are going to have some special edge or be a genius.

[U]What the general beginning trader is looking for and will be greatly helped and encouraged by, is success stories which sound kind of like this�[/U]

�I did not have much to go on, no wonderful education, mom and dad with tons of money, a genius intellect, or a special mentor. What I did have was common sense that there was money to be made and that if I was very industrious I could come out ahead as a Forex Trader. I studied hard night and day and looked to all the mentors I could afford with my day job. After so many years I can say that I am now able to trade full time being able to take out at least $2000/month to live on. Im not rich, but I am able to live off of forex and If things continue in the direction they are now going, it wont be long before I have a substantial net worth��

If this is close to your personal story, I am sure we would all receive encouragement to hear from you. If you could include the following it would be great.

1. Short Backround. Education, upbringing, past employment, etc.
  2. How you got into Forex Trading.
  3. What your initial investment was.
  4. How the road in-between beginner and professional trader was traveled.
  5. Your greatest lows and greatest highs on this road.
  6. How long before you were able to trade full time and when you knew it was time.
  7. How long you have been full time and a profitable trader.
  8. Anything else you think might be helpful to encourage us beginners.

I hope this can be a great thread of encouragement for the little guys. Please do post if you know you should. You yourself needed encouragement along the way to success and now you can give back to the forex community.

Thank you all!

Sincerely,

Mike Lewthwaite aka Pip Ventures

P.S. There may be those on this board who are making substantially more then is here suggested. Please don�t feel the need to include these numbers. Just tell us how you got to the point where you were making consistent profits and able to support yourself and family off being a full time trader.

P.SS. If you feel you have a story but wish to remain anonymous maybe you can forward your story to a friend on board who can post it anonymously. At least we will still be able to benefit.

Intellect

I believe that a degree in college doesn’t dictate if you become a good or bad trader. We all have to understand that emotions in trading isn’t something you can learn from a school like Harvard, etc. Having a common sense in trading, a good system, money management, etc isn’t enough. One must have control over their emotions.

interesting. I never related successful trading to a harvard education! i’m pretty sure that harvard doesnt have anything to do with successful trading styles. Looking forward to reading more views on this thread!

It died a quick death 8 yrs ago.